Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Great forum. I need some advice.
I have a 2007 T100. Got her out of storage today after 6 months no use but plugged to a trickle charger. She fired up on first start and ran smoothly until I turned her off and then she would' start, not even turn over.

1.) Battery is looks charged.
2.) I am hearing this fast clicking sound inside left side plastic housing cover. ( starter solenoid )

Symptoms: 1.) Battery is good, lights, horn all work well.
2.) Fast clicking sounds when I turn on electric start but engine does not turn over.
3.) Clicking sounds coming starter solenoid.

Pls advice.

Thanks,
Gerard

·
Administrator
19,459 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Ugh, the motorcycle battery seems to be the weak link. I am happy to read you got it sorted quickly.

Please join the banter in the Air Cooled Twins Talk forum.

http://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-talk/

My brother lives in northern Indiana, and he loves going into Chicago. I made a trip there with my daughter a few years ago for her spring break and we had a great time. My brother learned to ride a few years ago but has yet to buy a motorcycle. He was focused on Harley's for a while but hopefully I have pulled him around. Chicago has a great Ton Up scene and many events. Seems like a great city to be a motorcyclist in!

Cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sean, thanks for the forum welcome. Yeah, tell your brother there's a big Triumph and classic bike following in the Midwest. We also have the annual Distinguished Gentleman's Ride.

Cheers,
Gerard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts