Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've always loved the style of the Bonnie. This past weekend my wife and I went to the dealership and just looked a little. She sat on a lowered one, and fell in love. She currently rides a Shadow Aero 750, and was just blown away at how well the triumph fit her smaller frame.

I currently ride a VTX1300c and have loved riding it for a few years now, but I feel like I never got over what I initially wanted, which was a Bonneville! I am wondering if I'll miss the difference in power, or if the (much) lighter weight of the bike will make up for it... not to mention chain vs shaft drive.

Anyway... I do as much of my own maintenance as possible and have found the Honda's to be easy and reliable. I'm looking for any educated insights you might have.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I think you get the motorcycle you need. Power isn't everything (of course, I own a Rocket AND Speed Triple). You might miss the power of the bigger bike at times but the nimbleness of the Bonnie would be a blast! Follow your heart, you will be happy.

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts