Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,...I just bought a friends 04 955i, as he needed to see it out of his garage. The bike has 4400km on it and I think has a few bugs from sitting,...The check enging light is on but that,(from what I have read ),...is from the batter voltage being low??...To be seen.

I have read that a OBD2 scanner could be hooked up but cannot find the list on codes on the site. I have to go to a friends to get the scanner yet.

Hope she rides as good as it looks! I will be doing alot of reading,....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello,...I just bought a friends 04 955i, as he needed to see it out of his garage. The bike has 4400km on it and I think has a few bugs from sitting,...The check enging light is on but that,(from what I have read ),...is from the batter voltage being low??...To be seen.

I have read that a OBD2 scanner could be hooked up but cannot find the list on codes on the site. I have to go to a friends to get the scanner yet.

Hope she rides as good as it looks! I will be doing alot of reading,....
Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great bike. I bought the same year/model that sat for a long time as well. Took awhile to work out the kinks but nothing major :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took it for a burn this morning,...light still on,grr. This is probably the best riding bike I have been on, and I have been on alot over the years. all I can say is once i get used to it,..and get some real miles on it, my buddies x9 is in for a work out......lol!

first ride impressions are the ones that stay with you, and I'm impressed....

a question about chain tension,... 2 fingers on the swing arm still the rule of thumb?

I'm sure the procedure has been posted a million times I just have to find it,....thanks

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
try the three heat cycles to clear the light, run the bike on the stand till the fans kick in, let it cool do it again,once more do it again and after the three times, it should re set and go out. Chain tension yes about one and a half inches when your weight is on the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts