Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, just picked up an 03 tbs today woo! new to these bikes and to here, have a couple of questions as I don't have an owners manual, hopefully someone can enlighten me :D

how do I put the steering lock on? the ignition key suggests that pushing and turning left should engage it. this would be the same as every other bike I've owned. turning the bars to full lock and trying this but the key just wont turn. am I doing something stupid?

secondly, whats the best way to make it sound better? can I get off road pipes for this bad boy from anywhere in the uk? change the mufflers? I'm not impressed with the stock ones at all.

cheers
Nic

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Steering Lock/Exhaust

hello, just picked up an 03 tbs today woo! new to these bikes and to here, have a couple of questions as I don't have an owners manual, hopefully someone can enlighten me :D

how do I put the steering lock on? the ignition key suggests that pushing and turning left should engage it. this would be the same as every other bike I've owned. turning the bars to full lock and trying this but the key just wont turn. am I doing something stupid?

secondly, whats the best way to make it sound better? can I get off road pipes for this bad boy from anywhere in the uk? change the mufflers? I'm not impressed with the stock ones at all.

cheers
Nic
Congatulations on your purchase, you are in for a lot of fun!

Yes, you are correct, press the key down and turn too left sometimes it is necessary to take the weight off the steering lock, that is, just 'wiggle' the bars over to the right a little and the lock should engage. The key will go around one more click to turn the park light circut on if need be.
In my view a British Triple needs to be fitted with a 3 into one exhaust system. The best sounding one I have heard so far is made in New Zealand. Go to thunderbike.co nz and hear it for yourself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts