Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh boy, oh boy,

After about 6 weeks of distraction and broken sleep patterns I finally have my hands on a back and white '05 T100.

The first ride was all I had hoped for. Not even good old English rain could dampen my spirits. First impression: a good overall quality feel to the bike, very smooth (but with the twin character coming through), great gearbox - better than the Hornet I previously owned, very even spread of torque. In short, everything I want in a bike.

This afternoon I was washing the bike and the wife came out and said, "it was clean before you started!" God bless her, we are going to grow old together (the wife, the bike and I).

Oh yeah. There is a small oil leak from the tappet cover gasket, but the bike has been filled over the top of the sight glass with oil - could this be why? I won't be letting another dealer mechanic near the bike.

Anyway, apart from that I'm one happly bloke. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Congratulations on your new Triumph! :clap: I can't imagine overfilling it would cause the gasket to fail, although it could cause crank case pressure to be slightly higher and that might blow the gasket. The cover bolts are easy to retorque so I'd start there. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts