Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I just picked up (yesterday) a 2010 Bonneville w/ mag wheels, predator exhaust, upgraded progressive fork springs, hagon 2810 adjustable shocks, AI removal kit, and some other fun farkles.

I've had a lot of other bikes in the past, but this is my first Triumph. I'll be using her to commute to work a bit, so I'm not planning on any mods that reduce around-town capabilities.

I'm thinking of adding sw-motech crash bars, to combat any low speed whoopsies.

I had read that folks with aftermarket exhaust and the AI deletion had favorable results with loading the TOR tune via Tune ECU or other methods. If the bike is running fine, and doesn't seem to pop on decel, is there a good reason for me to do that? I had read some folks ended up with better fuel economy on the TOR tune instead of the stock bike tune, can anyone comment on that?

So far, it seems to run strong, and just peachy :) Thoughts on the tune front?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm sure others have run the stock tune with Predators and will say it runs just fine with no issues, but if you think about it for a second: the stock tune should not be sufficient for Predators- or any free flowing exhaust. Predators = higher outflow = need to compensate for higher outflow via tune. I know I wouldn't run free flowing silencers on the stock tune for worry it'd be too lean for too long.

If its running fine, I'd say leave it. Maybe try the arrow 2-2 map? I run free flowing exhausts with AI removed and the arrow 2-2 is right on the money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I forgot to note, it is still running stock air box and Triumph air filter. I have no plans go change to k&n (I don't like the particle pass through size), or remove the airbox.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
Even with those elements intact, many have found the arrow 2-2 to be much smoother and more responsive across the rev range with free flowing silencers, myself included.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a obdii to usb cable on the way (along with the SW motech crash bars) :)

I'll give the arrow 2-2 tune a shot. I did search and see that others had good luck with that tune.

Thanks again for the input. It put me looking in the right direction.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the TPUSA Dominator Touring pipes on my bike (very similar to the preadators just a tad lower on the decibels) and it ran fine with the stock. Same setup as you with the stock intake bits in place. But when I had the dealership put the Arrow 2:2 map on.....well the bike is just a totally different machine. :) The tune really did make THAT MUCH of a difference. So I am in the camp of re-tune with the Arrow 2:2.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
factory bikes are lean to begin with + some tuning will run better + cooler, after all you can check if the stock tune is still there with TuneECU. gutting the airbox yourself costs nothing + adds air flow but also makes fuel tuning necessary. many owners report great results from TTP tunes, but they are not free

1 - 9 of 9 Posts