Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Tiger XRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

In my search for the next bike, I've moved past the Speed Twin and Street Triple, and have landed on the Tiger.
I loved the 900GT that I test drove.

I found a like-new 2018 XRX with 2000 miles on it, checking it out this afternoon.
I'm wondering if there are any known issues that I should look for, and how it compares to the newer 900.
Any info is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Bobby

·
Registered
2018 Tiger XRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Fwiw, if anyone is watching, test drove the bike.
Needs a new battery and a regular maintenance service. Otherwise, it went down the road just fine.
There is definitely a certain amount of refinement on the newer bikes, that would probably warrant the +$4500 for the basic 850 Sport, but I kind of like things rough around the edges.
But for those that don't, the newer Tigers are definitely a step up in smoothness.
As for me, pics of a 2018 XRX to come.

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
No center stand is a clue as to whether it is the low version.

Chico
That's what I thought as well. Then I thought in 18 they did away with the center stand? I wasn't confident enough at that point to still call it a Low.

·
Registered
2018 Tiger XRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That's what I thought as well. Then I thought in 18 they did away with the center stand? I wasn't confident enough at that point to still call it a Low.
I'm 5'10", on my toes with the seat at it's highest position. Just flat foot in the low seat position. It doesn't mention low anywhere in the paperwork. 99% sure it's not low.
Put on 100+ miles just driving around town yesterday. Got a new Shoei RF-SR to go with it. This bike is a blast.

Edited to say that I found this on the subject:

·
Registered
2010 Tbird 1600 2018 Tiger 1200 XRT
529 Posts
Congrats on your new bike! I just got a 2018 XRT with only 2700 miles on it last Saturday. I've only been able to put 300 miles on so far because I get regular WAK'd. (Wife and Kids) But what a machine! Center stand is standard on the XRT, don't know about the XRX, and mine is definitely not a low.

Reactions: DaveM and LPMojoGL

·
Registered
303 Posts
A couple of pics from yesterday. The first real adventure begins tomorrow.
How did you find adjusting to a larger bike? I assume your previous bike was sized something like a speed twin or street triple. I’m looking at add an ADV to my mag wheel Bonnie from a utility perspective, but can’t tell without a test ride whether I’ll like the feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Tiger XRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats on your new bike! I just got a 2018 XRT with only 2700 miles on it last Saturday. I've only been able to put 300 miles on so far because I get regular WAK'd. (Wife and Kids) But what a machine! Center stand is standard on the XRT, don't know about the XRX, and mine is definitely not a low. View attachment 748139
Sweet ride, congrats!
I've put about 1200 miles on it so far, down around Big Bend
How did you find adjusting to a larger bike? I assume your previous bike was sized something like a speed twin or street triple. I’m looking at add an ADV to my mag wheel Bonnie from a utility perspective, but can’t tell without a test ride whether I’ll like the feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is actually a smaller bike for me.
I have an 02 Harley Night Train, and sold a 2015 Honda F6b to buy this.
I was looking at the Speed Twin and Street Triple, but wanted a bit more versatility for longer trips. This bike hits the spot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts