Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I picked up a '17 TTSE and really like it. I'm looking to put a top case on it but the dealer is not able to find one for me and the eBay ones are twice the price. Anyone got a lead?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ray_b, I was hoping to stay factory and a single key. I have the extra lock barrel that was issued with the bike for the Triumph top case. I looked at Givi and they seem like nice enough cases. The monokey line looks like it would work. I'll keep looking and use third party as a fallback.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks ray_b, I was hoping to stay factory and a single key. I have the extra lock barrel that was issued with the bike for the Triumph top case. I looked at Givi and they seem like nice enough cases. The monokey line looks like it would work. I'll keep looking and use third party as a fallback.
I’m pretty sure that is a standard barrel lock that will work with most top boxes that have a lock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is recent. I tried to order a few weeks ago and it stated to see the dealer. When I went to my dealer, they showed out of stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The OEM box is heavier and considerably more expensive than the after-market boxes. The Coocase I have has a remote lock and shaker alarm at half the cost of the Triumph box. No need to turn off bike to unlock the case.

·
Registered
310 Posts
When I picked up my left over 2017 in May they told me that top boxes were getting scarce. I got mine then.. I think I would act promptly however.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found one and a bottom plate also. They are getting hard to find. I had ordered one from bikebandit, but they were taking a long time with no acknowledgement of when it would ship. So I cancelled the order when I found one in stock.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I found one and a bottom plate also. They are getting hard to find. I had ordered one from bikebandit, but they were taking a long time with no acknowledgement of when it would ship. So I cancelled the order when I found one in stock.
Hoping you also received the blanking cover for the electrical connection on top of the trunk sliding tray. Didn’t know about these until recently. Dealer stated I did indeed receive one. I won’t argue with them since I took delivery of the bike well over a year ago - bike had sat there on the floor for over 2 years and the top bag they had originally installed had ‘disappeared’!?!?.

You will only need it if you ride with the top box removed. I want one ‘on hand’ just in case so I directed them to order one. Someone on FB stated the U.S. price for these was around $35 or so - pricey.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it came with the cover. I keep it in the underseat storage box so that it won't get lost. I'm very happy with the case and have gotten over the higher cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts