Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Exactly my thoughts , came from a r1200gs , really noticed an improved difference in weight and low speed handling ,must happen when you reach a certain age.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 T120
657 Posts
Same color, model, and year of my Tiger I unwisely sold. Best handling Triumph I've owned. Congrats

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loving it so far! Already trying to figure out what upgrades it might benefit from… but I can’t figure out any!

I’ll probably do a hyperlite-type rearbrake light (suggestions welcome if you have a recommendation!). But really the only thing I don’t love is that my body blocks the mirrors a little bit. So I’m looking at mirror options. But that’s about it! Even the seat is comfortable. My usual first upgrade is pazzo levers but even that may wait!

My Trophy SE was blue…. Loved the color. But this white called to me for some reason. I dig it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Doubletake adventure mirrors are awesome.

And a givi windshield or a madstad are a great upgrade too.

Stock seat would bother me after about half an hour, but the low comfort seat with a beadrider is great.

Other than those things I love my 2013. I have a few other things on mine, but if I had to buy things over I would still get the givi airflow, the doubletake mirrors and the seat. The safari tank is nice, the heed bars are nice, but I could live without them. I'm sitting at 105k miles, still going strong.

·
Registered
2021 GT Pro
190 Posts
Nice bike dude, hyperlights are really nice and easy to install so good choice. I installed a Madstad on my 2012 and had the seat modified by a local in Calgary that does alterations.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m struggling to find a seat modifier. Spencer retired (greatdaytoride) so I don’t have a go-to person in the US. Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same year and color but ABS model I threw about
$2k at the bike and now love it . Madstad is a huge thumbs up and suspension upgrades the most rewarding . Nitron rear shock is fantastic and Andreani fork cartridges improved the front end . Crash pretention rounds out my list along with a reshaped passenger seat . Best bang for the buck was going to EBC HH brake pads . Only pad I've used in all my bikes for years .

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice bike. I picked up the same bike last July in black with 1500 miles on it and it's the best all around bike I've owned to date. Does a lot really well as you and others have experienced.

I've added a few upgrades, some of which you inquired about. For an upgraded seat, I went with a Sargent that I purchased used in great condition. HUGE improvement for both me and my wife who couldn't stand the stock, sloped pillion seat. And for increased visibility from the rear, I added one of these from pilot3 over on ADVrider: https://advrider.com/f/threads/tiger-800-800xc-tail-brake-light-upgrade.838111/ Very bright, high quality product and Greg was great to deal with. No affiliation to either vendor other then a very pleased customer.

My bike came with a National City V-Stream touring screen that I swapped for the shorter sport screen. I added Denali running lights as well as a Triumph center stand. Since the tires were originals, I swapped for Michelin Pilot 5's that I've been very happy with. I'm hesitant to spend much more as I tend to jump around on bikes often but am considering adding HyperPro springs front and rear since I ride with my wife quite a bit.

Enjoy your Tiger!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts