Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
The TBS is a superior motorcycle. It's only subtly different from the Thunderbird/Adventurer/Legend series, but whatever the cumulative effect of the differences makes, it is the best of breed.

No dis on the others; they're all good. It's just that there's something about the Sport that cannot be denied.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The TBS is a superior motorcycle. It's only subtly different from the Thunderbird/Adventurer/Legend series, but whatever the cumulative effect of the differences makes, it is the best of breed.

No dis on the others; they're all good. It's just that there's something about the Sport that cannot be denied.
I feel the same way, the Sport was the one that drew me into the classic triples in the first place. Circumstances finally lent themselves to me getting a Sport, and I couldn't be happier. I also have a Sprint ST, so I know the difference between the Adventurer and something that's actually fast and handles. The TBS, to me, is the best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,122 Posts

That bike's a beauty. I love the black with yellow, It looks awesome. If you ever find a D&D 3into3, jump on it. That would make it perfect.
(that, and green cams, pod filters, jetting, and a programmable ignition) :grin2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

That bike's a beauty. I love the black with yellow, It looks awesome. If you ever find a D&D 3into3, jump on it. That would make it perfect.
(that, and green cams, pod filters, jetting, and a programmable ignition) :grin2:
"Green" cams are from Sprints, or Speed Triples?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
"Green" cams are from Sprints, or Speed Triples?

I'm not entirely sure. I think they came out of 900 Trophy, 900 Sprint, and 900 Trident.

I ran red cams in my TBS that came out of a gen 1 Sprint 955. All gen 1 955 cams are the same, Sprint, Speed Triple, Daytona, and Tiger.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not entirely sure. I think they came out of 900 Trophy, 900 Sprint, and 900 Trident.

I ran red cams in my TBS that came out of a gen 1 Sprint 955. All gen 1 955 cams are the same, Sprint, Speed Triple, Daytona, and Tiger.
So, any of the 900s that weren't 'detuned", to be a cruiser. I'll keep my eyes open, thank you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i have a set of green cams that i bought from uk when i had my tbs but never got round to fitting them before i sold the bike( biggest regret ever!!) i was going to put them on here for sale soon if you are interested in them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a set of green cams that i bought from uk when i had my tbs but never got round to fitting them before i sold the bike( biggest regret ever!!) i was going to put them on here for sale soon if you are interested in them.
Thanks cannucktbs, I may be interested!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think 3in3 is totally awsome but.. the 3in2+1 is just as ignorant, with the benefit of looking good in photos both left and right.

Lovely looking sport there, congrats!

BUBI 0_0

1 - 17 of 17 Posts