Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum and start looking around and learning. I just picked up an '08 T100 with 4500 miles on it this weekend and can't wait till I get it on the road. Unfortunately my bike is a bit of a project, as it seems it took on a deer with it's former owner. I don't know how the deer came out, but the bike was considered a loss.... :eek:

I've had all sorts of different bikes over the last 30 years and have a real soft spot for a bike that looks like a bike, not a rocket ship or something you need a 6ft ladder to climb aboard. I found the new bonnie about a year ago and have been looking for one off and on. I was torn between a W650 or T100 in the Green and Cream color. I think I'll be happy with the T100 once she's road worthy again.

So if anyone has any spare parts that they would like to sell, let me know as I'm looking for:

Speedo
Gauge panel (two holer)
Mirror
Turn Signal (left front)
Headlight ring
Handle bar
Foot peg (left)
Front fender & supports
Upper oil line for the cooler

I know I can go aftermarket on several of the items and I've even repaird a few of the damaged parts. I'll be reading what everyone's done to their bikes and learn, learn, learn. I'm a tinkerer by heart, so I know there's some suspension swaps, jetting, and airbox mods coming, but I just want to roll down the road before I jump into that fun.

Thanks for a great forum!

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
A suggestion, Jeff. You may want different and cooler lights, mirror, and bar...and perhaps some fender bobbing. So, maybe scan a lot of the photos and you may decide pure stock is not what you seek. It's worth a look!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys so far. I'm all for taking advantage of the situation to use "cooler" aftermarket parts, but I'm also not too proud to use "used" parts either. I'm thinking the speedo might end up being aftermarket due to the cost of a factory unit compared to aftermarket or used.

As far as bobbing the fender, the existing one is bobbed right to the fork, so it's a little shorter than what I want. :D

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts