Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the forum and to riding. I was posting as Paragon's wife and figured I should sign up. I'm ParaWife, wife of Paragon.

I just started riding about 2 weeks ago but have logged over 1800 miles and plan to ride many more. We live in Pinckney, MI...a great place to ride. Many twisty roads right outside my door. I'm not a fan of the highway thing just yet. I'm just getting my motorcycle legs under me.

We just bought a 2008 Triumph Sprint ST. Paragon has been riding forever, but I just recently became interested in doing the 2 up thing. I'm hooked!:D

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Another hello and welcome to you!

You are fortunate in having ready access to twisty roads because that is where you will learn about your bike and where you will find your comfort level. Don't worry about the highway thing just yet. You will know when the time is right for that.

I wonder, is a husband's riding advice as welcome as a husband's driving suggestions to a wife? :HappyRoll:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another hello and welcome to you!

You are fortunate in having ready access to twisty roads because that is where you will learn about your bike and where you will find your comfort level. Don't worry about the highway thing just yet. You will know when the time is right for that.

I wonder, is a husband's riding advice as welcome as a husband's driving suggestions to a wife? :HappyRoll:
LOL, surprisingly he doesn't give too much advice. He admits he hasn't ridden pillion and doesn't know what advice is best. He's actually been super understanding about my adjustment period. Otherwise, I don't think we'd still be riding together. ;) The only time we'd do any highway is when we decide to take a trip...not ready for that just yet. We'll get a topbox by then for our travel gear and that would probably help on the highway. We're lucky that you can get just about anywhere we want to go on backroads. It just takes longer...which is what we want! :)

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Yeah, he is understanding now, but just wait and see how he takes it when your riding skills surpass his. :YellowEvil:

Just kidding, sounds like you guys are on the way to many miles of enjoyment. :applause:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts