Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my third set of Anakees'. I finally splurged and spent the extra $$$ and got Metzeler Tourances for my Scrambler. Man, what a difference. I wish I would have known what I was missing. Who knew I couldn't corner all of this time? Sorry that I ever doubted any of you.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Very happy with my new Tourances as well. About a 800 miles so far and man what a difference. I'm hoping to get 10,000 miles out of them but I'll still be happy as long as I get at least 8000 miles.

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
+1 - I used Ikons, but the same WOW factor.

IMHO every bike needs tyres and suspension customized to you and the way you ride,l before any performance mods.

Now, I didn't follow my own advice 'cos I did airbox, jets and pipes first. The wow factor there was sound really, and the performance increase was 15% ish.

The suspension and tyre mods TRANSFORMED the bike.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Yeah the Tourances are thr ****! Dunlop makes a working mans version as well- the 607' I think? Bud gas had had 2 sets & swears by them!
I run the Dunlop 607s. Great tire on pavement, rode 1500kms in 2 days in torrential rain and never felt uncomfortable. Have to ride on some graded unpaved roads around here and if there's any loose stuff then I wish I had a side car I'm so uncomfortable. Rode some logging trails and if there's a heavy dew I'm in trouble. Maybe it's just me and I'm expecting too much?

·
Registered
180 Posts
It is about time for a set of tires for my Scrambler, I like the posts and comments of the Torance tire. I like the looks of the Dunlop K70 Vintage tire. I think the K70 would give me ok fire road grip as long as I stayed out of slimmy mud. How on pavement. This is the tire we used to run a long time ago and it seemed fine then. Maybe the Torance is a better rubber and would give much better hard road grip. Any thoughts?
http://www.jcmotors.com/pc-9967-1279-dunlop-k70k81tt100-vintage-tire.aspx

odie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts