Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got Speedy a new front tire today. Picked up the bike drove off the lot into busy traffic and didn't have any front brake what so ever.Holy **&&*!Thankfully observant motorists gave me a brake which is more than the dealership did!
Took it back in and they said in quite a cocky fashion "Oh yea, you need to pump it several times"
Ya live and learn. Hopefully live.

·
Registered
137 Posts
:eek: "Oh yea, you need to pump it several times" that sucks if that's all they said to you, very fortunate that those motorist were keen to you.

Anyway glad nothing drastic happened as it would have been completely there fault as they touched your brakes and they would be completely liable for that

·
Registered
379 Posts
You have to unbolt the calipers to take the wheel off...they f*cked up and should have taken care of it of course.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Judging from the care with which they handled assembly, I would check the torque on caliper bolts (35Nm) or you might be in for another unpleasant surprise...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Oh wow. How inept of them to do that. I guess this is a sign for you to learn how to take your own wheels off. This way you don't have to be bothered with their inability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts