Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts
G

·
The Tiger 07 is excellent. I have ordered mine and in Jan I will write again and give you my view. At present I think this is something VERY special. :hammer:

· Registered
521 Posts
On 2006-12-11 10:50, johnosborne wrote:
The Tiger 07 is excellent. I have ordered mine and in Jan I will write again and give you my view. At present I think this is something VERY special. :hammer:
Excellent, looking forward to your review.

· Registered
54 Posts
Cardiffian
Yes it was me you spoke to. Nice to meet up again. I agree with you the rear pedal was exceptionally low. I was wondering if there is adjustment to bring the pedal up. The demonstrator had been hurriedly pdi d so perhaps that was something they hadnt caught on to?

· Registered
705 Posts
Don't know if the brake pedal adjustment on the 07 is the same as the 06. But if it is....

On my 06, it appears like there is no adjustment until you remove the footrest hanger and then behind this you can adjust the postion of the lever by lengthening or shortening the actuating rod. It's a bit fiddly and watch out when removing the bolts which also hold on the centrestand.

There must be something similar on the 07.

Jon

G

·
Hello All,
I thought I would give some of my first impressions of the Tiger 1050.

The bike has just clicked over 500 miles.

It is nothing less than remarkable.

Power Delivery: Just incredible. So smooth, and all very usable.

Handling: One of the best handling bikes I have ever ridden. It still has that "Tigerish" feel that we all love. The difference being the Tiger 1050 feels rock solid at every turn, the suspension makes you feel like a sure footed billy goat mincing about the face of a cliff.

Comfort: Highway riding is the most comfortable I have seen on any bike. The upright seating position is ergonomically perfect. Wing blast is minimal. You could easily go until you have to stop for fuel.

It is positioned as a triple threat:

1. Solo sport riding. Yes - this Tiger can carve any canyon to shreds.

2. Two up touring. I haven’t had a pillion yet. As for long distance comfort, that’s a big 10-4!

3. Urban commuting - I have been using this bike to commute to work. Bar position and balance makes low speed turning and quick maneuverability a breeze. Seat height is an incredible bonus. Seeing over the top of rush hour traffic to what lay ahead is an enormous benefit.

I am continually amazed at what Triumph has been putting together. Yes, I speak as a corporate representative, but I am first and foremost an enthusiast. This bike brings it all to light. For those who have placed orders for this beauty, trust me, you will not be disappointed!

If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email.

Matt Weinert
North American Coordinator
[email protected]

· Registered
521 Posts
That's awesome news Matt, I do have one on order and am looking forward to getting to know my new Tiger. It is such a nice day today, 72 deg. and absolutely no wind, I wish I had the Tiger right now. By the way, where you located?

Thanks,
Scott

· Registered
361 Posts
On 2006-12-15 10:00, RAT_Coordinator wrote:

If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email.

Matt Weinert
North American Coordinator
[email protected]

I ordered a Caspian Blue ABS model from Gulf Coast BMW/Triumph here in Houston a couple of months ago and after thinking about it decided I wanted a White one, so I went over and changed the order to White ABS.

They told me they would try to get the white one.

So, make sure I get a white one.

Bill Stephens

[ This message was edited by: Bushwhacker on 2006-12-15 22:52 ]

G

·
Well i have just taken delivery of my new 07 tiger 1050 fron A1 Moto in York.Just completed 250 miles and all i can say about the bike is amazing .Triumph have built a blinding bike.
The look of the bike in blue is stunning the finnish of the paint and feel of the components is first class just as good as my Fireblade.
Not finnished the run in yet but the engine performance is stunning no harshness from the fuelling unlike fireblade, the top gear roll ons are breath taking even at moderate engine revs.I had the race can fitted and a remap done and it is worth the money I would highly recommend the can as an extra.
The handling is pure sports bike its razor sharp and a match for a full on sports bike on british roads out on the track it would be a different story but 99.9% of my riding is on roads.Really pleased with my tiger and it is a far supior road bike than my fireblade it will beat it hands down in every real world road riding situation(keep the blade for the track)

· Registered
521 Posts
Congrats boro, keep us informed as you progressively put more miles on her.

· Registered
49 Posts
I picked up my new Tiger this morning. Steve, the sales guy at Freehold Honda, owns a Tiger and did a great job going over the bike with me. I was told there’s a bug in the software of the trip computer. The ’range until empty’ calculator works correctly until the Fuel light comes on and the ignition is turned off, when the ignition is turned on again the range indicator shows 44 miles, regardless of how much fuel is left in the tank. Triumph is aware of the problem and we should be notified when an update is available.

I’m still in the initial breaking-in period so revs are limited to 3500, which is good for 60 mph in top. Coming from a cruiser it’s a bit of an adjustment for me but I can already tell that getting to know this bike is going to be fun. I was very happy with the power and handling, both significant upgrades over my ‘America’. The one nit that I have with it is the mirrors; they are great for looking into adjacent lanes but when I try to look at what’s in the lane behind me, all I see is elbow.

My initial ride was 20 miles on nice country roads to our local Harley dealership where my wife was picking up her new 1200 Sportster. The Harley sales guy had to come out and take a look at the Tiger before we bought the Sporty. It also drew quite a few comments from the rest of the sales staff. We then did another 50 miles, stopping a couple of times to admire our new rides.

· Registered
521 Posts
Very nice, you have Playin and me chomping at the bit. :)

· Registered
10 Posts
I've had my Albino Tiger since the 28th of December, but have only been able to put less than 200 miles on it due to miserable weather. Nonetheless, I can say that it's everything I'd hoped for -- handling, engine performance, seating comfort and great looks all in spades. With this motor's midrange, 6 speeds is overkill. I think it would perform wonderfully with a 4 speed tranny.

I have only two very, very minor issues. With the stock mirrors I have an excellent view of my elbows and armpits. I'm fixing that -- I've just ordered 60mm stalk extenders from Red Shift MC via EBay UK. The second is the brake fluid reservoir. I think someone else here said that it looks remarkably like a urine specimen cup. Yup, it does. I have to fix that somehow...

And did I mention that it looks great?

Clyde

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.