Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Just completed a 55 mile test ride on the new Tiger from Eddies of Leeds. My 05 Tiger had several problems which over 12000 miles became issues. Height and weight were the main concerns, both reduced on the new Tiger. It handled well, braked well, and was comfortable yet I did not feel involved in the riding. I currently have a Bonneville and just love to ride, snow rain or hail. It lacks power,brakes and wind protection yet is always fun, The Tiger is a bit bland in comparrison, justy very efficient.
The instruments give all sorts of information, very impressive on a test ride but I imagine not much use in the longrun. You can see the time, trip distance, average fuel consumption etc but only one at once. I would prefer a clock and two trip meters.
The seat gave no problems once I was aboard. Im 6'1 and had to clime on from the left, with the bike on its side stand. I could not get my leg over the pillion grab rails from the right
The engine was smooth enough, pulled well from 2000 provided you were moving. The gearbox was stiff and difficult to engage neutral and the clutch pull was heavy.
Fuel consumption 19mpg while accelerating up hill, 85 while driving down hill (see how much use a fuel consumption meter is) with an indicated overall of 52 mpg. Not bad for a tight engine.
So have I bought one,
No, I would not be dissapointed to own one, and once I was used to it could grow to love its nimble feel, yet I think I would always be look for something else.
Ill try a new 1100 Multistarada and BMW 1200gs next. Its time to change and my money is burning a hole in my pocket.

· Registered
29 Posts
I looked at the multistrada,I cannot imagine it looking clean for long, and how can i sell a 18000 mile old Ducati in two years time? The BMW was just too expensive.
I ended up trying a Kawasaki Versys 650 twin, and was surprised how good it felt. Solid but light steering. good brakes, a superbly tractable engine and all for £4800. It felt better than the Tiger. I know this should not be, so I think its best to wait for warmer weather when both bikes are fully run in and try them again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.