Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made a big step up from an XT 250, which was my first bike after taking the MSF class, to a 2012 Tiger 800. I split time between Colorado and California so the XT is my weekend fun and get-around-town bike and the Tiger is my all-around bike for being in California (no car). I'm sure the XT will get a friend in Colorado before long and I can definitely see that being another Triumph, maybe an Explorer, but we'll see.

Anyway, I'm still a new rider especially for a bike this size but I really enjoyed my first ride from Sonoma County to the East Bay!

Looking forward to learning a lot more here!

Mike

·
Administrator
19,459 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I have several friends who have stepped down from the larger Tigers (and BMW GS') to the Tiger 800. They say it is more nimble and easier to have fun riding than the larger dual sports. Me, I have not ridden a dual sport but I am a big guy and would go straight for that Explorer!

Introduce yourself in the Tiger Chat forum, post photos of your 800, and join the banter.

http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts