Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Tbird 1600 2018 Tiger 1200 XRT
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've agreed on a price with a private party. I woke up at 4:00 and too excited to sleep. Going to get the bike this morning and then meeting a couple friends for a day ride to enjoy it the long way home. 2018 1200 XRT, the white model, with black hard cases, just under 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
335 Posts
Looking forward to the pictures (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you - that helps. So basically heated seat $400, and Auxilliary lights $750, both can be added, an additional ride mode...and a few more different looks on the TFT...I think I could be happy on the Alpine...helps my shopping choices! Now...if someone could tell me how to raise the rider seat, that would be great. Then I can show my dealer 🤣🤣
I had this problem last fall, salesman was not up to snuff about differences in models. I ended up buying desert edition and adding foglight and heated seat. The salesman told me the Desert Edition did not come with easy shift option and it turns out that it does so I cancelled the order of the easy shifter. So far I've put 3000km on the bike (In Quebec we can't legally ride from dec 15th to march 15th) and I love this bike. BTW they all have adjustable seat height.

PS: I got an email from Triumph offering me a free install of the hill hold option which my bike did not come with. So I made appointment to have that installed in the spring. I suspect its a 5 min computer patch they install.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

I got it!!!! 2018, XRT with 2700 miles. Question, and in case you fella's don't know I will start a new thread. The rear top case, it's mount "floats", is this normal? It doesn't move forward and back but it seems to move back and forth side to side at least 1/2 inch? What's that all about?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats! Yes the rear box support plate is supposed to move left to right. I was surprised also. I was told it was to allow some movement of the case without affecting the bike's stability. I've had hard fixed rear cases on big bikes and it never affected the bike but its part of the triumph design. Enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you figure out how to raise seat? Once you pop it off, you will see its pretty basic. Just move the bar to the next notch. Only two options.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I did, and I already moved it UP...love it up for my legs. But I think I need the ROX risers now as well, I think I'm a bit too leaned forward.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've added the SW Motech risers and I love it. No new wiring necessary. Took 15 min to install.
I'll check those out as well, I saw a thread with the ROX and no wiring was necessary either, I'm not brand loyal so I guess it will come down to looks and price.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
21 - 32 of 32 Posts