Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my blue/white 2014 Thunderbird LT in Quincy IL a couple weeks ago. Nice folks, good experience. I love this cycle. Ride an old BMW r75/5 too, but this this is the most comfortable amazing beast. I bought it and parked it and two people immediately asked me about it. The quality seems obvious, the power is there. I like my cycles quiet, and this is. I live where you have to go miles to do anything, so the power and speed and comfort are appreciated. I bought it for it's power, mileage, the seat comfort, and the brakes, and the ability to just pop the windscreen off , and take bags off for a naked look. I could not be happier. This is a well put together bike. I wish it had cruise control- the only flaw. I do want to do some weekend touring- the bike is exactly for that.

It is heavy, and as long as you are careful the low seat height etc. makes managing the bike easy. I am new to Triumph and was looking at Indians($21K) and walked into a Triumph dealer in Chicagoland, and while looking around the salesman suggested I sit on the new LT. The look, seat, power and price were amazing. One month later, after two test rides, sold my 1973 CB350, and large Honda scooter(Silver Wing) and made the deal.

Nice to be a part of this group, I will share the good and the bad, so far all good, and am putting on the miles, and am feeling smooth on/with the machine. It is interesting to have my daughter on the bike with me and hardly realize she is there with so much torque to spare. She loves the pillion seat.

Again I am having a lot of fun, and look forward to all the comments and information on the site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just put on the lower wind deflectors to ride in the cooler weather. will see if/how they work. Go on easy and look cool. Well made. Non adjustable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts