Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else get their personal invitation to join the Triumph T-bird Club? The caption on the photo in the email said "Introducing the Thunderbird". I thought they did that already.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
I've been a member of the "Tbird Club" since 2000.

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
...I imagine this bike will appeal to some of the older T-Bird riders that lean towards the cruiser side more than the sport side.

Don't bet on it C ! :D

I'm not telling you anything when I say they are two totally different bikes, not to mention a cylinder short !

----------------
Ride on ! ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
another bike named Thunderbird

I got the email too... nice to hear about a new Triumph.
It bugs me that they are again using "our" bike's name for this one. I know its dumb for me to think this way- but- its like Triumph just abandoned "us"! When was the last time anyone read anything in the Triumph magazine about our triples!?
I keep trying to imagine myself owning a new Triumph- but I just don't feel any of the new models could replace my triple. I got my wife a black bonneville a while back... when I ride that, its just, well, yawn, ok.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Triumph reuses names a lot. Our own Thunderbird was introduced in 1949 and was named because one of their execs stayed at the Thunderbird Motel in South Carolina and thought the name would appeal to american buyers. My first Triumph was a '59 Tbird.
The Daytona was originally a 500cc twin.
The original TT was first produced in 1963 and Triumph reused it for the Legend and the 600 sportbike.

By the way Cafe, the only leaning this old triumph rider does is in curves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts