Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I've been lurking on this site for a long while now gathering information of which this site holds so much. Almost two weeks ago I bought a new black and red T100 from Cleveland Akron Honda (should be Triumph?!?) after taking one for a spin during their Triumph day. So far I added the Dart Flyscreen, New Bonneville.com seat bolts and AI removal kit (which I put on after 70 miles or so). Unfortunately I have a long list of other mods I want.

The last couple days I put on over 500 miles and love the bike except for the comfort of the seat, I do like the looks of it though and would like to keep it. I remember reading in a post that it takes about 1500 miles for the stock seat to break in so I will give it until then and if not I will be looking for a new seat. I like the looks of the Triumph Contemporary seat but thought I read it is the Thruxton seat. How does it compare to the stock Bonnie seat?

A big thanks to pgatto for answering some questions for me at the Triumph day that helped me make my decision.

Tim

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome Roach to the brotherhood of the NEOhio T100 owners!

I got my T100 two weeks ago also, but mine is a 2004, and I'm sitting at about 450 miles, soon to make the Bonnie more mine than the previous owner.

Don't forget, you are at that break-in oil change point and that Triumph recommends semi or full synthetic if you do it yourself. I'll be staying with the Mobil 1 4T full synthetic that the original owner was using.

Oil change time is the only time I think I'll cry when I do the maintenance on the Bonnie and the Rebel...

Rebel oil change: 1.6 quarts of Valvoline 10W40 motorcycle blend @ $2.54 a quart, no filter...
Bonnie oil change: 4 quarts of Mobil 1 @ $59.99 plus $12.95 for filter!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I put a gel insert in my stock seat. It helped quite a bit but when I ride for more than 4 hours straight, I find myself squirming a bit.

The Triumph single seat looks good but so often I tie down stuff I bought on the rear seat that the single seat is not practical.

Sergeant's also does work on stock seats.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Could it be that NE Ohio is becoming the Bonneville center of the United States? I'm thinking, maybe ...................

Bob

BTW - one good looking bike!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Congrats, Tim!! Wonderful choice.

Hope you can join all us east Ohio, WVA, wPA, riders on July 8th for a get-to-know and ride. See the rides/events forum and sign up!! Would love to have you join us!! And, Bob is right, there is an ever growing number of Trumpet owners around here.

Monte :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went with Hagon rear shocks and front springs. It certainly made the seat better. I have a Corbin Smuggler on the way!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2006-05-30 01:08, eagle wrote:
I replaced the shocks with Progressive 440s - don't notice the seat now.
I was planning on getting the 440s later this summer but I will order them this week after reading this. Did you get the standard or heavy duty shocks? I weigh around 175 and mostly ride solo and wasn't sure if I should get the standard or heavy duty shocks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On 2006-05-29 22:32, mecscc wrote:
Congrats, Tim!! Wonderful choice.

Hope you can join all us east Ohio, WVA, wPA, riders on July 8th for a get-to-know and ride. See the rides/events forum and sign up!! Would love to have you join us!! And, Bob is right, there is an ever growing number of Trumpet owners around here.

Monte :cool:
I did see the information about the ride and I think I can make it out there as I think it is the next weekend I'll be busy. When I know for sure I'll sign up! It will be nice to see other Bonnies, I never seen any riding around even before I bought this one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On 2006-05-29 21:55, rays323929 wrote:
I also have the T100 Black n Red and love it! I like the looks of the Dark dart on your bike! You are gonna love it.
The Black and Red just looks so nice together. I really like the Dart and feel it works great for me. So far I'm having a lot of fun with this bike!

·
Registered
108 Posts
On 2006-05-29 19:42, roach wrote:
The last couple days I put on over 500 miles and love the bike except for the comfort of the seat, I do like the looks of it though and would like to keep it. I remember reading in a post that it takes about 1500 miles for the stock seat to break in so I will give it until then and if not I will be looking for a new seat. I like the looks of the Triumph Contemporary seat but thought I read it is the Thruxton seat. How does it compare to the stock Bonnie seat?
funny you should complain about the stock seat. i had an 04 bonnie and my seat on my new 06 T100 is like a lazy-boy compared to what was on the 04 - i think ironing boards have more padding.

as i've been breaking it in, i'm amazed at how much more comfy the seat is. i had almost 8k miles on my old seat and even though it worked for me, this new seat is more cushy with only 200 miles on it. :razz:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts