Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All

Just bought a new Bonneville T100 so wanted to say hello :)

Started off looking for a long time at R-series BMW bikes but even though a rode a few they're just too tall for me to be safe. Hey, we all gotta stop rolling sometime. The Bonnie was a unashamed act of fiscal responsibility but after a test ride I had to buy it. Joins a Vulcan 900 and Aero 750 (Mrs. BikerEm).

I'm trying to figure out this forum -- did I find the right place?

Look forward to chatting with all you guys 'n gals.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, you are in the right spot. I think the HangOut is for visiting, Owners Forum is for technical discussions. But the moderators are very easy to get along and will move our posts when we make mistakes.

Welcome to the forum, this is an excellent site for our bikes with very high quality information.
David

There are two areas under Twin Talk for our bikes:

Triumph Twins HangOut
Banter and Chat Exclusively for Triumph Vertical Twin Riders

Bonnie Owners Forum
Discussions and Tech-Talk for Bonneville, T100, Thruxton, and Scrambler

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics to Follow

Thanks for your replies and confirmation on what's posted where whoa, its good to make contact with you folks and I'll get some pics posted in a day or so Moggy :D

I've read the FAQ but don't see where it discusses how to upload pictures except for Sticky: Bonneville picture thread at:
http://www.triumphrat.net/memberalbums/uploadphoto.php
is that really the right place and if so do I just link it from this thread :confused: Oh wait, I see there's Attach Files under Additional Options so do I post pics using that or should I be posting on the Sticky: Bonneville picture thread and linking to that? :eek:

Hey Anne, I know precisely where High Wycombe is :cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
:) I know where California is too.

you can post pics in this thread if you like, they don't have to go in the pics thread. Or you can do both.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

Welcome BikerEm - you definitely found the right part of the forum to be telling us about your new T-100. If there is one thing we love here it's Pictures and lots of them. Just do us a favor and re-size them to like 600x800 or smaller so we don't have to scroll all over the place to look at them - and the Administrator here will love you for conserving space!
We look forward to seeing your new baby! :)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Welcome. Great bike! Ride safe.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome congrats on the T100. Run now before the Moding sickness gets you LOL. This is a way cool place to get info and share info so stop often .

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At last some pictures of the new baby

Sorry about the delay in posting pictures but I was working like crazy, then it rained, blah blah excuses but here at last are some of the new Bonneville :)

I snuck in one of our VN900 too! Is that allowed :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I love that colour-combination. Great pics. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome, you've landed in the right place with the right bike. Got me a T100 last summer and have had a great time riding and just looking at it:)

There is a great friendly bunch of Guys and Gals here.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks guys -- I fell in love with that green color just as soon as I saw it. I didn't know it's called Goodwood Green so that's good information. I test rode a Bonnie at the dealer and knew after 100 yards that I was going to buy one. This was the same dealer that also sells BMW bikes which I originally wanted.

Its still a bit cold to ride today but the forecast looks promising for Sunday :D

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Thanks guys -- I fell in love with that green color just as soon as I saw it. I didn't know it's called Goodwood Green so that's good information. I test rode a Bonnie at the dealer and knew after 100 yards that I was going to buy one. This was the same dealer that also sells BMW bikes which I originally wanted.

Should you ever need it, here are the paint codes: http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/2046.aspx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Welcome

BikerEm,
Welcome to the site. You'll find that these guys/gals are always up for chatting about Bonnies. They are also the best source of Triumph technical advise on the planet. When you are assimilated to the dark side (can't stop doing mods) use the search for technical questions, about anything you want to know has already been posted. I also think the goodwood green combo is the best T100 paint scheme. :Wave:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I am also a newbie with a just purchased T100. I like that Goodwood Green a lot. I had to buy Black/Red because it was all that was left in '07 models at my dealer. And that probably means no prior customers liked it. :rolleyes: But I think it looks OK.

Good luck with your new T100!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I am also a newbie with a just purchased T100. I like that Goodwood Green a lot. I had to buy Black/Red because it was all that was left in '07 models at my dealer. And that probably means no prior customers liked it. :rolleyes: But I think it looks OK.

Good luck with your new T100!
Black & Red is a mighty fine colour combination. I agonised between that and the Black & White earlier this year. It was an equal thing with me but I went for the B/W in the end as I had already had Red bikes in the past and thought I'd have a change.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually I think they're all nice color combinations. I almost went for Claret/Aluminium Silver but in the end chose the green/cream combo. In a way it reminds me or merry England which is where I'm originally from ;) Our other bikes are solid black and a black/platinum combo, so a change to something brighter was in order.

From a safety perspective I think all bikes should be bright yellow :eek: I saw a BMW R-series that color once and it was very much easier to see on the road. If ever I repaint a bike that's what I'll choose as the color. Sounds crazy but it actually looked a lot better than it sounds :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts