Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 2016 STR today and want to hear from you all if it's worth it to go full on exhaust or slip on. Not looking to wake up the neighborhood 5 blocks away but still want something more aggressive than the stocker....

Also any other suggestion on the next few mods would be?
Tail tidy kit?
Quick shifter?
And so on.

Thanks for your time.

Rob

·
Vendor
169 Posts
Oh, a quickshifter is absolutely a critical bit of equipment! :ROFLMAO:

Bolt-on plug-in shifter kit, US$150 + $15 for the postman, in stock.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went back to the shop today to drop off some paperwork and took a look at it and it has a quick shifter already mounted on it. So that one thing off the list.

Now just looking around at slip ons. So many out there.... the guy at the shop was talking about a British Customs one. My buddy with an Aprilia Tuono said a Danmoto was a good bang for the buck. Not looking to spend more than 5 Bill's on one. I do like one of the Danmoto ones that you can baffle it with a adjustable knob on the fly to closed off to wide open with out getting off the bike..... got neighbors and a elderly mother to think about.

·
Vendor
169 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking maybe a Competition Werkes slip on or maybe a Danmoto Carbon GP with a remote sound controller.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I picked her up today. They guy I got it from surprise me with a British Customs shorty slip on for cheap. The original owner had it and let me get for 200 bucks! Its a little loud but I will try and get a baffle for it to tone it down but I took it out to fill up the tank and man! What a fun bike. Its gonna be a great new ride. Love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts