Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

Just bought a Street Twin today after a test ride...can't wait to get it. It's supposed to be delivered on Monday.

I've ridden for about 5-6 years (got a start when I was VERY young) had a long gap and then took the motorcycle safety course this past summer...I had to use a Suzuki GZ250 (not really my choice), but did fine in the course.

I currently have a Honda Trail 70 w/125cc engine, so...the Triumph is kind of a huge step up. I really think I'm going to like it a lot though.

Going to go look through the posts now...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome, new here too, finally decided to join the forum after lurking for awhile looking for a vintage Bonnie, i test rode several older Bonnie's and the '15 T100 and for me the ST was easy winner for what i was looking for. Been riding mine for several weeks now, great daily rider though my commute is only ~7miles.

Now i am contemplating what accessories to get: wifey grab rail (ordered), bar end mirrors (waiting for shop), maybe Ace bars (though i feel good with stock) and bench saddle.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Both of you guys above...congratulations! The ST900 is an awesome bike & great for new & comeback riders. I think you both made an intelligent & wise decision. One of the best things a rider can do is pick a bike he/she really likes. Because it instills confidence in the ride. I believe this bike will be a "best seller" this year & probably next year.

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The Twins Talk is where you can connect with other Bonneville riders. Introduce yourself there, post photos of your new Street Twin, and join the banter!

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk/

Please complete your user profile so that we may see where you are from and what you ride when you post throughout the forums. Thanks!

http://www.triumphrat.net/profile.php?do=editprofile

I got a close look at one of the Street Twins at the Bonneville Reborn Tour stop in Nashville last month. The attention to detail is impressive, and the fit and finish much better than it's price would suggest. Simply stunning!

We are happy to have you here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like we're in almost the same boat! I bought mine yesterday and got it delivered today. I had some stuff to do around the house and couldn't get to ride it for very long, but tomorrow is supposed to be a gorgeous day here. B-)

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone...I can't wait to start riding it. I did order the brown bench seat for mine and also the luggage rack as I don't like riding with a backpack on...

The bike is the matte black color...hard decision between it, the silver, and the red.

Looks like I'm in good company with the other folks that have bought one of these recently. I was a little bummed that mine is made in Thailand instead of England, but...I guess I'll have to just live with that...all the ST's they had were "T" ones...

I sat on a new Thruxton and also a standard Bonneville w/17" wheels, but both were just slightly too tall for me, so I felt the ST was a better fit, especially with ABS.

I'd done research on several makes and models before going to test ride...some folks said ABS can make you an unsafe rider if you switch to a non-abs bike. I can see that...but I'll just need to be keenly aware of what bike I'm riding and not lock it up.

The other one I was considering was the Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, but it was too tall, even with the low-profile seat. After riding the ST, it would've been VERY hard to beat it though.

I noticed today that my arms are a bit sore and my hands are swollen...I guess this is due to the slightly forward lean on the ST? I guess that will get better the more I ride it.

Thanks again for the welcome...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts