Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all! I'm kinda new here...joined the forums a while ago, as I've always wanted a Triumph. Took an '08 Sprint ST for a test ride at a Triumph demo day here in Montreal last summer, and I was HOOKED!

Loved the Sprint from the start....seating is excellent, guages are great, even the mirrors are perfect! But what got me is that wonderful 1050 engine! :D

I had a 2006 ZZR-600, which was a fine bike...but I recently learned it had been added to the "blacklist" of sportbikes here in Quebec....long story short, registration alone would cost $1030, then $1400 in 2010! In comparison, "standard bikes" would be $500...still expensive, but I REFUSE to pay that much to register a bike for 6 months.

So about a month ago I put her up on some local classifieds sites, even tried to get a trade in at some local dealers. Most people dont wanna touch this bike, as the sportbike market is FLOODED, and if people are gonna pay $1030, they want a REAL SS bike, like a Gixxer or CBR.

Low and behold, I came across a clean '05 Sprint ST at a dealer in Ottawa. Caspian blue, 15,000km with all 3 OEM bags. I got a good price for my trade in, got a good price on the Sprint, so I went for it!

Just got it delivered a few days go! Woohoo! Cant really ride it for another few months...but I'll be waxing it in the garage once a week until I can ride! hehe

Here she is!

Oh...I removed the topcase and rack, as I'll be using my GIVI E470 topcase instead of the Triumph top case.

*EDITED OUT*

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Johnny,
Welcome my Canadian Brother! What a beauty of a bike! You are going to love it.

Man Quebec is tuff on your motorcycle owners. You get a short season and they absolutley abuse you on insurance.....

Glad you are hear despite your provinces obvious distain for motorcycles. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Congrats on a nice gift you made yourself...

Funny, a guy from Mtl too who also chose a '05 Caspian blue like mine...

nice color choice too...

Also, the thing about the registrations here in Quebec are so true AND annoying. My girlfriend also happens to have a ZZR-600 and she learn the news about two months ago also. What a sucker that they changed the status on that bike.. She will eventually lean toward the dark side, as she's looking forward the Street triple... in 'bout 2 years from now...

Bienvenue ici ! :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! We'll all have to ride together! I loved my ZZR...quick, light, relatively comfortable...didnt even want to get rid of it..but I REFUSE to support the SAAQ (thats like our DMV, for you non-Quebecers :p ).

I'm sure I'll love my Sprint a lot more...plan to do a lot more touring this year, the Sprint should be a lot more comfy, and better luggage.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Bienvenue :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of Sprint. It's a great place to be. Is there something going on about blue bikes and living in Quebec? :D

It'd be great if we can get the Montreal RAT and Ottawa RAT together for a ride this summer. There are some nice roads around Saint-Saveur.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Beauty eh? I have an 05 but in stealthy Silver but the Tridents ruin that. Might just as well paint it arrest me red. Make sure all of the recalls have been done and happy riding.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Sprint. It's a great place to be. Is there something going on about blue bikes and living in Quebec? :D

It'd be great if we can get the Montreal RAT and Ottawa RAT together for a ride this summer. There are some nice roads around Saint-Saveur.
For me, its just a color choice I liked for that bike... Im not getting into politics, dont like politician, especially when they try and cut off our balls with the crazy registration fees nowadays... I much prefer to talk bikes... ;)

for the RAT meeting, call me in due time... I'm in !

I could also show you a couple of roads around there.. very twisty ones...

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
Welcome

Hi and welcome to the forum JonnyThrice:)

Nice to see yet another Cannuck you're getting to be like us Aussies............everywhere!:D

On a note for noobs:

Don (dolson) and I ask all new members to please read our forum stickies to acquaint yourself with how we run the joint:)

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I too am a new member to the forum and a proud new owner of a 2006 Caspian Blue ST. a few years ago I owned a 2002 ST and kicked myself many days for ever getting rid of it. Since the weather is not good for riding I can still say that the 02 ST was the best bike I have ever owned. I am hoping that statement will change once riding season begins here in Ohio. I have sent you a PM about the top case and rack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts