Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 09 Speedmaster yesterday. What do I need to know. I'm thinking little things like when the fuel light comes on do I have 1 mile or 10 miles until it dies? Also I heard the valves clicking when it was idling, normal? Any other tips or hints?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Right now you don't have to do any thing to your bike but ride & enjoy.Valve clicking on these bikes are normal, once that gas light goes on you have some time ( 30mi maybe). See how many miles it takes to get to that point, and hit a station before or around that point.Thats a nice bike congrats

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up my 09 Speedmaster on Thursday! I've taken it around the block once, still waiting for my license thing to come in the mail from MSS.

I got short TORS, the single seat and the dresser bar. You?

With my luck I'll get pulled over without a m/c license. Gonna have to wait it out a little longer.

Consider this thread tagged.

Paddy
Yonkers, NY

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up my 09 Speedmaster on Thursday! I've taken it around the block once, still waiting for my license thing to come in the mail from MSS.

I got short TORS, the single seat and the dresser bar. You?

With my luck I'll get pulled over without a m/c license. Gonna have to wait it out a little longer.

Consider this thread tagged.

Paddy
Yonkers, NY
Got it last night. Had 1200 miles on it. All stock except TORS. The previous owner let it fall on both sides but the only damage was to the mirrors. I'll need to replace them eventually.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just ride it. Oh, and try to keep the goofy smile under control. Your face can really start to hurt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just put gas in for the first time. I splattered gas out on the tank because there is a little bar not too far in the tank that stops the nozzle from going any further. I had to back it out and reduce the flow to stop splashing. Is it just me or has anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just put gas in for the first time. I splattered gas out on the tank because there is a little bar not too far in the tank that stops the nozzle from going any further. I had to back it out and reduce the flow to stop splashing. Is it just me or has anyone else had this problem.
Me to, I hate that bar.
Has anyone worked out a easy way of removing bloody the thing?
I do not want to cut it out and put filings in to the tank.
Maybe if I hold the tank upside down and do it from the under side on back strokes cuts only?
Has anyone tried to twist and break it out?
Or will I be the first.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Me to, I hate that bar.
Has anyone worked out a easy way of removing bloody the thing?
I do not want to cut it out and put filings in to the tank.
Maybe if I hold the tank upside down and do it from the under side on back strokes cuts only?
Has anyone tried to twist and break it out?
Or will I be the first.
It's good to know I'm not a complete knucklehead. It is frustrating. It was nice and clean then I end up splattering gas on the tank.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's good to know I'm not a complete knucklehead. It is frustrating. It was nice and clean then I end up splattering gas on the tank.
I just hate the fact that you have to dribble the fuel in.
And after that you still get some on the tanks unless real careful.

Looks like I'll be the first to remove the bar thing.
Next time I take the tank off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts