Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1113 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
My dealer has 2 on the floor - a red one and a silver one. He’s promised I can take the first test ride (I was Sales Manager there for a few years). Waiting on a call later today. Very nice to sit on. Feels light but the seat seems a bit hard, sort of like the Thruxton seat hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m located in Sydney Australia , I pre ordered the red / black one and payed a deposit as the store was only receiving one this month and I think maybe one more next month .
I’ve been riding cruisers so this bike is completely different to my previous style and riding position , in particular I lean a little forward with the bars as they are quite low like the Thruxton so I may look at riser options down the track

·
Registered
237 Posts
Haha, you are like me but a few months in the future. How are you finding the transition from the laid back to the sporty. I’ve sat on it and I rather liked the more engaged position but not all the way committed like the thruxton. Are you still feeling it in your wrists though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
How did we get it here before the UK? Anyone know when the Beast (Scrambler) is coming here?

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
746 Posts
Oz is closer to Thailand than the UK is. Those bikes have to be sent the long way around, by ship.
It may very well be they shipped and were assembled in Thailand, but typically some models are assembled both in the UK and Thailand. 20/80, 60/40 split or there abouts.
As an example my Street Twin was assembled in the UK but delivered to the Philippines, it is supply and demand per time of order.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
My point is that it's rare. Normally triumph release bikes here in the second quarter. Not in January. The Scrambler is available in the UK but I haven't seen it here

·
Registered
976 Posts
What's your impression of it? Selling any to make room?

Unfortunately I haven’t ridden it yet. I had to relinquish that honour due to other commitments - hence the blacked out face in the pic. I’ll be in there first thing Monday and let you know what I think. At this stage I’m not looking to get rid of anything and probably wait to look at the 1200 Scrambler before contemplating anything new. If nothing else it gives me time to build a case for 5 bikes. I did suggest letting the Street Triple go (her bike) but that didn’t go down too well. Spd Twin is an obvious replacement for the Thruxton but I’m absolutely loving that at the moment.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Wohh there Nelly. You mean you looked at it sat on didn't ride it but don't wanna comment? That's not how the internet works. Pass judgement without testing it pls
Any word on the Scram? $24k?

·
Registered
976 Posts
It feels light, the seat is hard and the red looks nice. ?
Rosso III tyres, which I’ve been running on my Thruxton and on the Street Triple.
The mechanic who ran it up said it’s “awesome”.
Anything more will have to be post ride. ?

1 - 20 of 1113 Posts