Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally took the plunge and bought myself a 2010 Speed Triple 15th anniversary Special Edition with 6k on the clock. Compared to my old FZ6 there is no comparison as I feel like I have to hang on for dear life. Compared to my old Bonneville is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It came with some extras which was also nice compared to some stock bikes in the area and they were asking around the same price. Enough talking here are the pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Sweet!

How does that Werkes exhaust sound? I have the lowboy Arrow on mine. The sound is nice, but since I installed the Dave Platt Outlaws and Ram Air on my Rocket my Speed Triple sounds a bit tame. I am ready to bring the aggression up a notch!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet!

How does that Werkes exhaust sound? I have the lowboy Arrow on mine. The sound is nice, but since I installed the Dave Platt Outlaws and Ram Air on my Rocket my Speed Triple sounds a bit tame. I am ready to bring the aggression up a notch!
It's loud but comparable to my old FZ6 Akrapovic exhaust! I like loud exhaust but it's not obnoxious by any means. That being said I wear alpine motosafe ear plugs so I'm sure that has something to do with it

Later
Jon

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Very nice Eagletalon. I just picked up one myself. I have been looking for one for a while and just found one recently in immaculate condition with low K's. It was dead stock so I've done a few mods...fitted CRM exhaust, Comp Werkes fender eliminator, Compufire series R/R, Pazzo levers, among others.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Put a power commander 5 on it and it will really come to life. I bought mine new in 2011 as a left over. I absolutely love it!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a month of ownership I will admit that is by far the best bike I've ridden. Have had a couple of scares by accidental power willies but getting much better. I have never ridden a bike that you flick that throttle and she wants to fly. Very happy with my decision and looking forward to a long ride

Later
Jon

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m looking at one of the anniversary models as well and curious about your mileage and price paid. PM me if you don’t want to post the details. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts