Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a lurker on here for years, owned a TT600 in the past, and picked up an 06 Speed Triple just today!

Have had Ducs, Hondas and a Buell in the past, and of course I wish I had a big enough garage to keep them all!

·
Administrator
19,458 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, I wish I could have a dozen or so motorcycles myself. I have my top five, seven, and fifteen, just in case some Nigerian prince actually does leave me a massive inheritance... I would certainly be happy to add a Buell and Ducati to the mix. Which models did you have?

I just checked out your photo in the Speed Triple forum. Sweet! And black is fastest!

Where in Georgia are you? There are some absolutely awesome motorcycle roads up in the north Georgia mountains. I used to travel there many years ago (1999 and 2000) to camp and ride in the Helen area. Now that I live closer I should try to get over there again.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, I wish I could have a dozen or so motorcycles myself. I have my top five, seven, and fifteen, just in case some Nigerian prince actually does leave me a massive inheritance... I would certainly be happy to add a Buell and Ducati to the mix. Which models did you have?

I just checked out your photo in the Speed Triple forum. Sweet! And black is fastest!

Where in Georgia are you? There are some absolutely awesome motorcycle roads up in the north Georgia mountains. I used to travel there many years ago (1999 and 2000) to camp and ride in the Helen area. Now that I live closer I should try to get over there again.

Cheers!
Hey Sean! Sorry for the slow follow up, I haven't looked back at my original post for quite some time.

I sold my '07 Buell Ulysses to buy my S3, and had an '01 Monster S4 with the Senna paint job prior to the Buell. Both were GREAT bikes while I had them, and it took me awhile to see them off to a better home.

The S3 reminds me of the Monster quite a bit, but is actually more comfortable for me. Not sure others would feel the same way. The Buell was a great bike for a long back roads trek, but I got a bit tired of the Harley shake, rattle, and roll in the latter stages of ownership.

I live in the Norcross area, in the northeast suburbs of the ATL. I try to get up to the N GA mountains as much as possible, definitely some great riding up there as you said. I grew up in Asheville, NC, and would definitely say that the N GA roads are as good or better than the great rides in WNC.

Let me know if you're ever in the area and we'll ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts