Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MCN in the UK ran a gossip story this week about a new speed triple model being "seen testing". Also similar story about new Sprint coming. Anyone heard anything following a dealer conference at all?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would imagine it's quite possible. Last major revision was 2005 after all with the introduction of the 1050 motor. Nothing has really changed since then.
Must have missed that in MCN myself, I'll have to read through again.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Few snippets on the MCN website. The spy video doesn't give anything away.

"A Triumph spokesperson said: “I can confirm that this shot was taken at one of our test sessions and features one of the bikes we currently have in development."
“It's an exciting new bike that's related to both the Speed Triple and Daytona 675 and you will see it later this year.”

Speculate at will.............oh no, not another D1050 thread! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Scrub my last post. The search I ran on the MCN site churned up data from 2007, those comments don't mean a thing now. I never noticed first time round.
Have to dig out last weeks paper after all.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Well, still I think it is logical they will upgrade the Speed and Sprint soon with a new motor. Current 1050 motor is a bit dated, although doubt if I will trade mine up anytime soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts