Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all need to buy new front pads for my daytona 1200 which has six pot calipers. Can anyone recomend a supplier for thease as apart from triump i am unable to find any. Thanks dean

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi,

Assuming the Triumph Alcon 6-pots, then most dealers have them listed under the Daytona Super III (rather than the Daytona 1200SE, etc..). The Triumph reference is A9950028.

Most shops can order the pads in, and perhaps EBC is the most readily available? Some reference numbers for you are: EBC FA190; Vesrah VD258; Ferodo FBD864; SBS 683.

Hope this help? (If you get really stuck, then let me know as I have a couple of new spare sets for my future needs - A3 Tolworth Tower).

Ciao,
Geoff

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you don't run the bike hard up to 7/10th, then go with organic. It you run the bike for what it's worth, get the HH pads. The HH's require more of a squeeze when cold, but less of a squeeze once heated up...because the organics just heat up or glaze over and fade despite a harder squeeze.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts