Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last day of work was the 19th of December, my contract with Kaiser Permanente is over :( Was kinda bummed so I went to my dealer and got two new slicks put on my darling Sprint.

Two of my favorite tyre the Diablo Strada from Pirelli.

Enjoy the photos!

$400 bucks parts and installation labor, at SoCalTriumph, Brea, CA.

--Kory

P.S.-- Still hasn't worked out my wobble. I think the head stock bearings need to be checked. Sigh... That's another 400 bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Nice 'buns'!

If you've got a way to support the front of the bike, like ratchet-strapping the ass-end to something heavy (or a bolt in the floor), a new set of tapered rollers from All-Balls is only $40-ish. I think OnD just had a thread on doing the replacement. Not much to it, but time.

But then, thinking about it, if the new rubber didn't help your wobble, you need to check the wheels. Both of 'em.

The rear is easy. Put something on the floor alongside the rear rim to serve as an indicator, and then spin the wheel. See if it is 'true'.

Get the front in the air. Fix the steering so it can't fall off to either side. Again with an indicator, spin the wheel and check for 'true'.

When you've done that, grab the front wheel, and see if you can pull it up and away from the bike. If you feel a 'clunk', you have a bearing problem.

Then, free the steering, and while holding the front wheel, move it slowly from lock-to-lock. You'll be trying to feel any bumps. If there are any, you have a bearing problem.

My only question is if you have the tubes at the original height, or have you raised them in the trees? If you raise them too much, you can lose the stability in the front; possibly causing a wobble.

HTH!
pr

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice choice for rubbers ! +1

I bought my first pair at the end of the summer and managed to put over 10 000km on them (maybe 6000miles) and they still look like new... handling is waaaay better than the OEM BT's and + they don't cup and so dont make the bike wobble. They are also way better in term of sporty handling than the couple of sets of Michelin Pilot Road that I had on my VFR and it looks like I'm gonna get more mileage out of them too so... excellent choice for the Sprint I find...

The only thing, is, if you had a more sporty set on the sprint and you like pushing the envellope in the curves... you might have to back off a bit of the extreme riding.. they are sport-touring, not full on sport sets... but then, you probably already know that..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Perilli Diablo Strada

I really would appreciate some comments from Sprint riders who have had Perilli Strada on for a few thousand miles. How are they wearing & what is the anticipated life.? As I am not a very hard rider & still have a good bit of "Chicken Strips" left, only comments from similar riders would be meaningfull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts