Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Scrambler from a guy in Las Cruces. What a great ride. I came off of a Concours. What a pig the Concours is.

Been riding off and on since I was 8. First bike was a yammy Enduro 70.

Next bike was an '83 Suzuki Gs 450.

then 3 years ago I picked up a '86 Concours. Last March I gave it away to a friend who is able to give it the love it needs.

Then about a month ago I picked up the bike of my dreams. A 2006 Scrambler. Blue. It has an engine guard, shield, off road pipes and the solo saddle with rack. Other then the shitty tires I love this bike.

If your looking for pics sorry, I don't post pics of me or my bike on line. Too many wackos. I also belong to Gigabikes and belonged to CW until it went in the crapper(the website not the magazine.)

Is WVmountaineer here? He owns a thruxton. Any ways I live in Utah right off of Hiway 12. Lucky me. I work as a manager in Bryce Canyon National Park.

I bought the Scrambler becasue I wanted a bike that can handle dirty roads and gravel. And a bike that is fun to ride. The Scrambler is by far the funnest bike i've ridden. WOOO HOOOO :-D

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yeah what's up, no picture but you included where you live and work? :-D Anyway if you want to post a pic there is a Scrambler picture thread at the top of Triumph Twins Hangout.

I agree the Scrambler is the funnest bike that I have ridden and should be perfect for your homebase of Utah, Enjoy.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome to our growing and distinguised club of scramblers. A possible gs-12/mgr who rides a scrambler, thats going to throw off the mngt likeability scale... :-D

Wait till the bike gets 2000-2500 miles on it and its real broken in, then the real fun starts.

dave-

·
Registered
181 Posts
I love mine, too. Most fun bike I've ever been on. Now about those tires, it looks like the consensus is to swap 'em out for either Michelin Anakees or Metzler Tourances, one size over stock (I haven't heard of anybody actually going one size over on a Scrambler, but I'm just about ready).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome, and excellent choice of bike. The Scrambler is a ball to ride, and the look is pure retro. The best investment for me was to install a set of Metzler Tourances. I used the stock size front and rear and they are great tires that truly improve the handling/feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts