Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post here like the other members.

Finally decided and got the 2006 Scrambler (demo)

blue/white, w/ the TOR silencer/pipe, crossbrace and pad.

The test ride sold me and the bike sounded good. (throaty w/ the tor's) Different ride from the nighthawk S but fun and maneuverable. I think it will be a blast once i get use to it.

Thanks for the info.

Dave-

[ This message was edited by: dave1068 on 2007-04-27 13:54 ]

·
Registered
40 Posts
:yayyy: You'll love it. I have put 1500 miles on my new 06 demo Scrambler in the past 3 weeks and the bike just keeps surprising me on how well it works.

Congrats

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took her out today for the first ride, Very fun to drive- handles and corners great and did not take long to get use to. I even rode it down a trail but the trail ended at a stream, w/a path-width to turn the bike around in. (quite the challenge)

Once i adjusted the bars and the clutch lever height, even better. The only thing I noticed was a sore butt after about 1 hr. I thought about changing the rear shocks to the 1st setting to make them softer but thought that might be too soft as im 6'2/210 and dont want to bottom out on bumps.

I may add a pinstripe on the front fender soon and aside from that, just ride it till then. Thanks for the tips on the bike.

Dave-

·
Registered
913 Posts
Welcome aboard dave! Good choice on the demo with TOR's. Pipes is usually the first mod done so I guess you're ahead of the game in that regard. Got any pics??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts