Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been a few additions to the stock bike:

British Racing Green paint, SunRims, new cams, airbox removed, Arrow pipe, seat+rack, sprocket cover, mirrors, skid plate, crash bars, headlamp grill, rear shocks, tank pads.

Weight has been reduced approximately 40 lbs.

Rear wheel dyno: 65 hp, 52 ft/lbs.

·
30,533 Posts
This scrambler is just fantastic! I love it - looks great, and I bet it is great to ride!

Welcome to the forum, have fun here!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome, and great looking scram. The black and green look great together.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Excellent bike Dave!!

But you know we need to know more!!

Welcome to the house of fun!

V.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm not a Scrambler fan by any stretch of the imagination.. But that one?! I LOVE IT! Good job! :)

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Absolutely beautiful.

Where did you get the best bang for your buck on weight reduction - the Arrow system? I'd love to shave that much weight off my Thruxton...then again, I could also afford to take an equal amount off myself. :)

Jason

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's a Good look, I'm sure you will have fun both riding & carrying out lots of mods. :):)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The exhaust was the big part. The Airbox removal was big too. The total of discarded parts from the airbox removal weighed about 15 lbs.
Absolutely beautiful.

Where did you get the best bang for your buck on weight reduction - the Arrow system? I'd love to shave that much weight off my Thruxton...then again, I could also afford to take an equal amount off myself. :)

Jason

·
Registered
57 Posts
single seat/rack...very nice

I like the look of the single seat and the rack. Where did you get these? What did you do to the air box?

Your bike is "very" nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seat is a Triumph accessory, and the airbox removal kit can be found on www.british-customs.com

The airbox is completely removed, along with the charcoal canister, about ten feet of tubing. The removal kit includes a nes pan for the battery, a couple new air filters and a few other items.

I like the look of the single seat and the rack. Where did you get these? What did you do to the air box?

Your bike is "very" nice.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Lookin' mean and nasty! 65hp at rear wheel sounds like a winner, too. Nice job. She's got to be a show stopper wherever you ride her, and a real pleasure for you to ride. Much as I love the sound of my traditional Brit twin with 360 crank, I really like the exhaust note of the 270's, especially on a bike that looks as sweet as your ride.

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beautiful Bike: Couple Questions

Wow, that is the best looking Scrambler I've seen! Wondering if it is difficult to remove the plastic tank emblems for painting? Also, looks like the seat rack was also painted Green. Was that difficult? Lastly, where did you find those mirrors?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
The seat rack is easily disassembled for painting. I've just had mine re-done in black.
Nice Scram. I love the colour. Do you have the exhaust baffle in or out?

·
Registered
24 Posts
There's been a few additions to the stock bike:

British Racing Green paint, SunRims, new cams, airbox removed, Arrow pipe, seat+rack, sprocket cover, mirrors, skid plate, crash bars, headlamp grill, rear shocks, tank pads.

Weight has been reduced approximately 40 lbs.

Rear wheel dyno: 65 hp, 52 ft/lbs.

Your exhaust is installed incorrectly.
The pipes as they come off the engine should be switched. The pipe that starts out on the top goes to the lower pipe. Do an image search and you'll see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Well they were incorrectly installed on my bike too (by my Triumph dealer)

Can't say that I noticed any ill effects from it. & I had it on for over 10K klms.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Welcome, and man oh man, love that bike. "Bitchin'" comes to mind. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts