Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Triumph factory has announced a New Safety Recall concerning the replacement of the front mudguard bolts of all Thunderbird and Thunderbird ABS models from the start of Production to VIN 466489.

If you have recently purchased an affected machine, you should immediately contact your dealer and return the machine for urgent modification under terms of an authorized Factory recall. All work will be done free-of-charge.

All affected motorcycles within this VIN range still unsold within recognized dealerships will have the modification done with immediate effect. In addition, any owner having recently purchased an affected machine should be contacted by the dealer concerned and asked to return the machine for immediate modification.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
The Triumph factory has announced a New Safety Recall concerning the replacement of the front mudguard bolts of all Thunderbird and Thunderbird ABS models from the start of Production to VIN 466489.

If you have recently purchased an affected machine, you should immediately contact your dealer and return the machine for urgent modification under terms of an authorized Factory recall. All work will be done free-of-charge.

All affected motorcycles within this VIN range still unsold within recognized dealerships will have the modification done with immediate effect. In addition, any owner having recently purchased an affected machine should be contacted by the dealer concerned and asked to return the machine for immediate modification.
Just booked mine in, waiting for the parts.

More here -

http://www.triumphrat.net/cruisers-thunderbird/173915-2010-recall.html

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you know where on the Triumph/usa website can I find the recall and tech update info? I have looked all over the site and can't find it. It seems like something as important as a safety recall should not be this hard to find.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks Strat and Teo. Turns out my bird does require the recall. Not sure whats up with the triumph/usa site not listing the recall enquiry. At best that seems reckless, possibly liable.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'm just wondering why Triumph isn't informing us of the recalls. They have all of our addresses and emails, so why risk real liability by not telling us? I only know about the two recalls because of hanging out here.:mad:

·
Registered
43 Posts
What are the two recalls? When I entered my VIN in the link you provided, the only response was;
"There ARE outstanding service bulletins or recalls on your bike.
Please contact your nearest dealer WITHOUT DELAY to have your bike upgraded or modified at no cost to you.".
From info gathered at this forum I found out about a front fender washer issue but what is the other one?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
There are two Thunderbird recalls. The first is the front fender screws that can come unscrewed, and the second applies only to ABS-equipped models--I believe some electronic part is to be replaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts