Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Totaled my Sprint last Friday, (don’t ask its embarrassing)
Found a 06 S3 with 10000 miles with full Arrow, rear hugger, integrated brake and turn signals tail tidy and wide gold triumph bars for 5000. Needless to say she is mine and I pick her up on Friday after the insurance check clears. I bought my Sprint back for 1300, all she needs is rims and cockpit and rt side plastic. The insurance co gave me 200 less then I paid for her with 32 miles. WoW. I ordered new Pirelli Rosso’s and tank grips for the S3 what else do I need? I got about 1000 to play with after I buy the Wife something nice. I Look fwd to the S3 forum she is black (fast color I hope)

Jeffro

http://picasaweb.google.com/coupleomaha/S3?authkey=Gv1sRgCKDtk9friKr0Sw#

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congrats looks like a great find for 5k. Have you ever ridden a s3 before?

·
Registered
656 Posts
How in the world did you find one for that cheap? KBB still says $7k. Yeah, they're not accurate, but $2k is a wide spread... Heck, an '03 still lists as $5600... They're fun bikes!

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats looks like a great find for 5k. Have you ever ridden a s3 before?

Nope bought her un-seen and un ridden. Got her home on friday and all I can say is WOOOOOOOOWWWWW. The front tire floats in 1-3. He even threw in a tank bra and full Triumph tank bag with the add on top bag and rain guard. WIfe even likes it of course now I gottta get a new seat and grab rail, any suggestions? I had a Corbin on teh Sprint and man is was hard

I got one question. It pops on Decel and shoots a blue flame out the arrow shorty, I saw gonna plug off the SAI anyway will this help?

(it look s cool as he11)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats on the great find, that is a good price. I came from a Sprint before the S3 and absolutely love it! I have a Sargent seat and it is a great improvement over stock. It sits flatter so it doesn't slide you into the tank.

Get rid of the SAI and get a non-SAI tune loaded and the backfires will go away. Mine shot flames like crazy before I did it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts