Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've just put down a deposit on an '07 Triple, which I should be taking delivery on in a few weeks. Can't wait!! :-D

I want to put a hugger on, are the Triumph ones ok, or would I be better off installing an aftermarket one? If so, what is recommended?

Which fender eliminators do people tend to favour?

I'm pretty short (5'4"/165cm), so I'm having the bike lowered slightly. I was also planning on having the stock seat sculptered, or looking to get a cutom Sargent seat. Has anyone else "lowered"/narrowed there seat, and if so, how significant is the modification? Would I be better off modifying the stock seat, or getting a custom Sargent seat? My daily commute is pretty short (~30mins one way), but I anticipate i'll be doing longer rides on weekends (3- 5hrs).

At the moment I have made the conservative decision and ordered a black S3, but i'm seriously considering changing it to a Roulette Green. I'd never get a car in this colour, but I think it suits the bike. What are other people's opinions? Would it be harder to resell down the track? hmmm :???:

Thanks everyone,

Jonty
PS: Loving the forum! Can't wait to get on the bike so that I can experience the satisfaction you all seem to ge getting out of your S3's :cool:

[ This message was edited by: JontyG on 2006-11-18 01:33 ]

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Congrats on a wsie decision.
Dunno about seat but people seem to be happy with a Hagon 'shorter' shock to lower bike and lowering the yokes a bit up front.
Triumph hugger should be OK. Racecomp in Oz makes some lovely carbon IF he makes a 1050 specific one.

If you're sticking with the stock cans (or TORS) the Skyking fender eliminator is just fine. If you're getting a Zard or stubby Arrow or any other low mount then I'd get the German Kurzes Heck which you can find on eBay.

At the risk of starting another colour war I'd say green is a Kawi colour!

Enjoy the ride....... :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey Jonty, welcome.

Test ride the black one.

If that is too fast for you, buy the gawdawful green one.

Unfortunately the beginner speed[very slow] puke yellow ones are no longer available.

You wouldn't be from Jonty Rhodespeedtriple land would ya???

AA

:-D :hammer: :-D

[ This message was edited by: amberale on 2006-11-18 19:16 ]

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Jonty, welcome to the club. I have a Triumph hugger and it's fine.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have black but i really like that green. Will be doin somethin a little brighter next time. Enjoy, be careful cause she can be a handful. :cool:

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have the Triumph hugger on my '06. It fits great and does the job.

I used the Sky King fender eliminator kit with stock blinkers. Easy installation, and really cleans up the back of the bike.

As far as color, it's personal choice. I think black looks best.

Whatever color you end up with, it's still a Triple, and you're going to love it.

Good luck with it.

Sky King Kit
MotoFab Kit
New Bonneville Kit

[ This message was edited by: bkrbil on 2006-11-18 08:49 ]

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You wouldn't be from Jonty Rhodespeedtriple land would ya???
Yep, I'm originally from South Africa. I've noticed there are a few s3 owners from SA on this forum.

Thanks to everyone that has responded, much appreciated :cool:

Jonty

·
Registered
397 Posts
Onya Jonty, buy the green one and some gold leathers and you'll be right to barrack for SA or OZ.

This is a Mad Doctor kit. Some don't like the quality of the indicators. I love it.

Sorry about the size of the pic. I wont keep it up that long.

AA

:) :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2006-11-18 08:48, bkrbil wrote:
I used the Sky King fender eliminator kit with stock blinkers. Easy installation, and really cleans up the back of the bike.
It's difficult to see, does the Sky King include number plate illumination? The website says it includes a wiring harness, i assume thats for the number plate illumination?

amberale (and other Aussies) where do you mount the rego sticker, when using a fender eliminator? Also, does anyone know if the integrated tail light units like the Clear Alternatives unit is legal in Aus?

Thanks,
JT

[ This message was edited by: JontyG on 2006-11-20 02:34 ]

·
Registered
397 Posts
Jonty, I bought the oberon billet tubular rego label holder from ozstreetfighter and fitted it to the lefthand pillion peg mount hole. I took the rear pegs off.

Don't know about the light.
If you like it buy it fit it and claim ignorance if pulled up.
I figure they will be far more concerned with my speed, noise or behavior to worry about little things like lights.

:razz: :razz:

AA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts