Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pipes and engine. Semi gloss,out of the can,no polishing needed.Quick one coat on pipes and barrels. I like it. Saw silver and copper on the shelf also.High Heat Ultra.:D

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Looks pretty badass!

I'll be interested to see how the paint holds up on the pipes in a couple hundred miles.
Since it's BBQ paint, it might work pretty good!
-K

·
Registered
13 Posts
hmm, well thats solved my engine fin blacking problem :D

that is one nice looking bike - did you do anything to the pipes before you sprayed - interested cause i want to do the same thing :)

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
that looks good Steve! Ever think about painting the brake rotors?
they make paint just for that saw it at auto zone today.
I like that steve all i have been finding lately is that flat stuff that looks all most grey just painted mine today wish I had that paint.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Well K,its not a few hundred but a hundred.

No special prep,I just wiped off the pipe and sprayed it on.
Jeff,I have the caliper kit in red,out in the shed.I think it would be a little too subtle.:D
And don`t worry Mike,your pipes will need painting again soon.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So is that High Heat Ultra in Gloss or Satin? I just scored some Epcos and will painting my headers...Do I need to take the chrome completely off or just scuff it?

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Nice.

Did you have those pipes custom made?

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Aaaah . . . just checked out his profile: welder foreman - he made them himself :p

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
. . . I wish I had a welder. Almost bought one once, but my wife was concerned that I would start a fire. Fortunately, my neighbour has an assortment :D

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Marc,I burn up WAY more stuff with my grinder than with my weld rig. :D

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
^^What all have you custom fab'ed on your bike? I guess you get to make use of all the equipment at work during off hours. ;)

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm in to watch and learn in this thread! Great looking bike there!!

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Marc,I have a set of torches and a little Lincoln mig at home.A partial list of home brew mods to my bike would start with the basics.pipes,extended swing arm,lowered seat rails,battery box,oil cooler,narrowed and un-flanged gas tank,seat,wiring,lights and brackets and cutting off just about every factory bracket,hanger or mount. Its only the start.:D
Steve

·
Registered
495 Posts
Rodburner, where did you get the projector headlamp? I want 2 or 3 of those! :)

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Marc,I have a set of torches and a little Lincoln mig at home.A partial list of home brew mods to my bike would start with the basics.pipes,extended swing arm,lowered seat rails,battery box,oil cooler,narrowed and un-flanged gas tank,seat,wiring,lights and brackets and cutting off just about every factory bracket,hanger or mount. Its only the start.:D
Steve
You've been busy! Where do you find the time to work? :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts