Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a thruxton with some beat up Perelli speed demons.There's a need a new set of rubber. I asked around at my tire dealer and he recommended going with the Kenda's. I was thinking about going Perelli's but I'm considering the kendas .However I could not find any Triumph owners running these.

Kenda Tires:
K671 100/90-18 - front
K671 130/80-17 -rear

any thoughts/ recommendations or experience?

Thank you:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have you checked to see if the Kenda K671 is available in these sizes? A quick search made me think not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right the back tyre is availbale but the closest to the front is 90/90-18.
Im goin to keep to the perelli's than
What would the effect be on running a skinnier tire for interest sake ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got a set of Michelin Pilot Activs that I'm very happy with. I believe the Perellis are a great summer tire but I hear they wear quickly (stickier softer rubber naturally wears faster).

No idea what going skinnier would be other than an older look, I am now curious too what that would do to traction in a turn, at least the skinnier tire would be lighter.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you're looking for an inexpensive tire, I can personally recommend the Shinko 712. They replaced some Avon Roadriders and were almost as good! That said, the Avons aren't THAT expensive, so if you have the money I think they're the best all-around tire you can put on a Thruxton.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts