Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm currently abusing a modified 2016 KTM Duke 690R to work, on longer rides and on track. And I enjoy it (nearly) every day. But one day I saw the new 765 RS and I thought by myself: "Wow, this could be the bike you've ever dreamed of..."

Because the 765 RS seems to be the perfect blend of those attributes I loved much about the 3 favorite bikes (out of many) I've owned over the last 36 years:
  • Yamaha RD 350 LC - I wish 2-stokers would still be available. The motor and the screaming sound was just amazing. Up to 11 liters/100km for just 49hp, the chassis was acceptable, the dry performs of tires at that time as good as in wet today. But I felt like Freddy Spencer and it was the most enjoyable ride in all the years. Unfortuantely this pony was stolen.
  • Ducati 916 - (unfortunately I sold it) What a beauty. What a sound. What a stability and precision in bends, once you have this beast inclined to a certain lean angle, it stays there like nailed. Awesome stability on braking. Seating position was painfull and acceptable for max. 2 hour, after 4 hours your close to death. Unusable for every day riding, I never felt relaxed.
  • KTM 690 Duke R - My current ride. Lightness, agility and a holligan attitude. It rattles and shakes, but is grunty and fast revving as dynamite. Any mistake you make, the bike handles it with a smile and says "give me more of that kind". But it lacks in stability and also agility at higher speed, rev range, braking power (although upgraded) and the good manners of a multi-cylinder bike. It's just a holligan, you can't ride it slow for longer then 2 minutes.
After 2 test rides on a 675 RX I was already blown away about how perfectly it blends the three bikes. But I missed a very little bit of low to mid range grunt of the Ducati and Duke, a very little bit the screaming top end of the RD and the electronics and rider aids of the Duke. But knowing (better hoping) that the 765 RS will deliver the missing pieces I could not resist to buy one. End of April I will get her...

By the way, the R version of 765 was not an option as I've learned that perfect brakes and suspension gives me more smiles per kilometer then just very good once. I'm very exited to become Triple rider soon...

·
Administrator
19,459 Posts
Herzlicher Wilkommen!

The Street Triple forum is where you can connect with other Street Triple riders. Introduce yourself there, post photos of your Street Triple (when you do bring it home), and join the banter.

http://www.triumphrat.net/street-triple-forum/

Please share your rides with us by posting photos of your rides in the Ride and Trip Reports forum.

http://www.triumphrat.net/ride-trip-reports/

Enjoy some off-topic and often humorous conversations in the Biker Hang Out forum.

http://www.triumphrat.net/biker-hang-out/

There is much to our forum, so please make yourself at home, browse the forums, and join the conversation where ever it may interest you. We are happy to have you here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Welcome wildduck! Nice choice!

That bike ticks a lot of boxes for me too, I just wish I could afford one this year. I'll look for one over the next winter, hopefully from someone who bought "too much bike."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts