Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
It looks great, particularly the GT. Says dry weight is 650#, which is great news. But damn, that’s a lot of power. I hope it’s rideable. It has ride modes, I’d use rain all the time! I’m guessing $24995 for the GT.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/rocket-3/rocket-3

I think it looks great but I'm not sure I'll be swapping the Commander just yet. It will be interesting to see how they price it. At the moment it's POA.
My 2007 Classic had 152 hp/162 ft lbs rear wheel with just a Jardine exhaust, pod filters and dyno tune. Triumph could easily have gotten over 200 hp rear wheel. I’m not seeing a giant naked sport bike. I was hoping for a real cruiser with a lot more power.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I’m not seeing a giant naked sport bike. I was hoping for a real cruiser with a lot more power.
I think it'll have enough power to be good to ride. I can easily see me upgrading on my Thruxton when I feel a little to old for it. It depends on the price though and how it holds it's value a few years down the line.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I’m sure it’s an improvement over the R3 technically. The header looks functional. I fetch up at the sport bike rear fender, micro luggage and fly? screen. The pillion seat looks miniscule. Anyhow, I’ve devolved downward in bike size. Two Rockets were enough.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks great, particularly the GT. Says dry weight is 650#, which is great news. But damn, that’s a lot of power. I hope it’s rideable. It has ride modes, I’d use rain all the time! I’m guessing $24995 for the GT.
Lighter than my TB. I'll have to get a test ride. Your guess about price probably isn't too far away from reality.

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
The passenger accommodations are too small. Therefore the new one couldn't replace my current Rocket X. However, as a replacement to my Speed Triple and stable mate for my X? Hmmm.... I wish I could afford that!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m sure it’s an improvement over the R3 technically. The header looks functional. I fetch up at the sport bike rear fender, micro luggage and fly? screen. The pillion seat looks miniscule. Anyhow, I’ve devolved downward in bike size. Two Rockets were enough.
Yes, 20 litre panniers and a tank bag makes for touring minimalism :wink2:

Mind you, given the size of the pillion seat you won't be doing many miles two-up anyway.

Still, it's a nice looking machine but not a tourer (unless of course they have a bagger due next year)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The passenger accommodations are too small. Therefore the new one couldn't replace my current Rocket X. However, as a replacement to my Speed Triple and stable mate for my X? Hmmm.... I wish I could afford that!
My thoughts as well. Then again I do so few miles two-up these days that it's a not a big deal. The lilliputian touring accessories they list are a big deal though. I just read the bags were designed with Givi. I suppose it's too much to hope for that they use standard Givi fittings.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I wonder how the heat is from the header pipes? I guess they worked some sort of magic to make it acceptable.
Looking at them more closely, the headers seem more similar to the original than to several of the performance exhausts for the R3 which have 3 individual pipes back to the collector. Anyway, after looking at it more, the GT looks pretty good. $25K good? Uh uh.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Looking at them more closely, the headers seem more similar to the original than to several of the performance exhausts for the R3 which have 3 individual pipes back to the collector. Anyway, after looking at it more, the GT looks pretty good. $25K good? Uh uh.
Maybe Triumph will surprise us and price it at $19995!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts