Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating an alloy rim changeover on my Scrambler (unsprung weight and all that). How has that worked out for everyone? Any advice on rims, spokes, and the much-maligned stock hubs? Motorcyclist Magazine did a Scrammie makeover an issue or two back, and the wheels were an important part of the project, or so they say.

So, is this worthwhile or just another way to waste money on yet another Scrambler project - not that there's anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I've put in a pre-order on a set of the brand new Talon alu front and rear hubs. Motoevolution will lace them up with Excel rims, when they are ready. Don't know when they will be ready, but looking very much forward to it.

Motoevolution are also planning to lace the Talon hubs up with the Alpina STS tubeless system. Which should give even less unsprung weight and rotational mass. However, I would have a very hard time waiting the extra time (maybe a whole year) for it.

My priority for mods is practical issues (bags and such) then handling (have done suspension) and finally performance. New hubs and rims will hopefully improve the handling.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Alpina Tubeless STS kit

Alpina wheels offers Aluminum alloy wheels with spokes to use with existing triumph hubs that makes them tubeless spoked wheels for the Scrambler, Thruxton and the T100 now. available for both the new style and old style hubs.
Rims come in Black and Silver or any anodized color
No waiting. They are available and shipping. Lead time is approx 4-6 weeks now.

email me for pricing and info
JC
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
JC,you got some paisley Tomahawk tires inside those warmers? Or something to match the Wonder Bread paintjob on that bike? :D:D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hey gt1jimi, what's the cost to do that? I'll change out the wheels one day. I sure would like to go with carbon fiber, but a set runs about $3k. So my realistic desire is to go tubeless, have a lighter wheelset, and fit dual disc up front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts