Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here ride with a real tall G.I.B. (Girl In Back)? I have a friend that says she'll man up and be willing to ride with me and Mikey and Peggy. I've only had Peggy on the back once and she's insane. Other than that It's been solo for me on the Sprint.

Anyhow, the good news is I call her ,"Slender, Tender and Tall." as in 5' 12" or 6 foot if you engineers want to round that off. I'm the same and not built as "robust as DaveM so she fits into my spare kit. All we have to do is come up with an appropriate lid for her.

All she's worried about is being the bug catcher but I'm wondering if she'll turn into a drag chute or a sail.

She should be a fine rider as she's athletic as hell and a ski junkie with rock climbing thrown in.

Any feedback from those with tall pillions?

This should be interesting. All anyone will see will be elbows and knees flying down the road. :eek:

Don

·
Registered
896 Posts
Anyhow, the good news is I call her ,"Slender, Tender and Tall." as in 5' 12" or 6 foot if you engineers want to round that off. I'm the same and not built as "robust as DaveM so she fits into my spare kit. All we have to do is come up with an appropriate lid for her.

All she's worried about is being the bug catcher but I'm wondering if she'll turn into a drag chute or a sail.

She should be a fine rider as she's athletic as hell and a ski junkie with rock climbing thrown in.
Don........... we need pics of the lady

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
+1 on Pierre's suggestion -we will need photographic evidence. Fasten her to your back like a hydration kit!

denoose

·
Registered
196 Posts
Anyhow, the good news is I call her ,"Slender, Tender and Tall."
"she fits into my spare kit. All we have to do is come up with an appropriate lid for her."

"I'm wondering if she'll turn into a drag chute or a sail."

This should be interesting. All anyone will see will be elbows and knees flying down the road. :eek:

Don
Sounds inflatable to me......

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I have had a tall pilion on occasion. She recently told me she was 5'9", but I could swear she said 5'10" a couple years ago....

Anyway, no issues for me when she was sober or anywhere near it. Hammered & gesturing dramatically was another story. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Good question Donski

A good question for all members to know the answer.

Hehe nicley put Don "robust":D

I am on the 955 Sprint like Don but I am shorter than my big bro Donski at only 5'10" and Robust;) and my wife is just a tad shorter at 5' 5" so for us there is no height issue.

Let us know how you get on Don.

So just one last question will you two be stopping and swapping leather apparel at any time on your rides?:D

Onya Don my very good friend. You will really use those brakes now buddy.

DaveM

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I'll chime in. On your ST Dolson, she will be fine for sure. Just make sure she holds on nice and snug. :)

My wife is 5'9" and on the back of my ST she was "perched" and as much as she liked riding with me she felt exposed. So now she has her own bike and I don't have to worry about it.

My ex wife was 6'2" and yeah that wasn't all that comfortable. I only had a Suzuki Intruder at that time.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
My wife in tow is only 5' 1 and 3/4" (tells me she's 5'2") :rolleyes:

She can just see over my shoulder and get a glimpse of the speedo. Your new pillion should be fine at 5'12". I don't feel my wife on the back at all - unless she starts to lean into corners for me! Maybe it is time to get her her own bike. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I recently took a tall (5'10") girl for a ride on my 07. After the ride I asked her if she felt comfortable and she replied that it was the best of my bikes (cbr600 f4, honda vtx). After the first few minutes I forgot she was on there, but she has ridden with me before and knows what NOT to do!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I had a tall passenger last year on for quite a few rides. She was very comfortable and never a problem as far as handling go. She's gone now but the new one is also about the same height (5'10) and I don't expect any issues. Their thighs are a lot easier to reach so it's all good.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
STT is taking a few days off. The plant shut down over Spring break and she's hitting the slopes hard all week. Will let know how this goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts