Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just got my motorcycle license in March of this year and picked up a brand new 2012 Triumph Bonnie Black from Manayunk Triumph in Philadelphia. Took all the safety courses and it was definitely the right decision for me to get the bonnie as a first bike! It might not be the best beginner bike for everyone, but you learn on it quickly and it's been a blast!

The mod bug hit me quickly and I've already installed Solo seat, CRG bar end mirrors, TEC 2-1 Exhaust, AI & O2 removed, BC FEK, BC ARK, Hagon road shocks, etc. I've put about 3,000 miles on her so far and just invested in some cold weather gear (Non-heated). So I'm hoping to ride into the 30s before snow falls, but we'll see how it goes in my first season.

I love my bonnie and don't ever seeing myself parting ways with her, but I'm already looking to add to the stable. I put a deposit down on the new 2013 Street Triple R and they should hit dealerships in January. I'm looking forward to the Striple and think they will compliment each other very well. In the mean time, I am enjoying every bit of this air-cooled twin classic and will do so for years to come!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome aboard. How do you like the Hagon shocks? I was thinking of upgrading my shocks (and maybe my fork springs too) but haven't done much research yet. You notice a significant difference?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard. How do you like the Hagon shocks? I was thinking of upgrading my shocks (and maybe my fork springs too) but haven't done much research yet. You notice a significant difference?
As a somewhat lighter rider (155lbs), I can't say I notice a vast improvement over the stock setup. However, there is a huge improvement on two-up riding. Gone are the impact harness of sharp bumps that goes straight to you and your passenger's spines. So if you are on the heavier side, I say they are definitely worth it. Keep in mind I only have the budge $200 shocks, so I wasn't expecting a world improvement. I'm sure the Nitro shocks are worlds better though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts