Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Just got into riding in DC on my Triumph Street Twin. I love it!

I am wondering what I should do for the 500 mile service. I have decent mechanics skills. Is there anything more involved than an oil and filter change? Or is it just a good idea to let a mechanic take my money.

Any recommendations on mechanics in the area?

·
Administrator
19,458 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The folks in the Water Cooled Twins Talk forum will best be able to answer your questions. Introduce yourself there and engage the members with your thoughts.

http://www.triumphrat.net/water-cooled-twins-talk/

There is a sizable group of RATs in your area. Many are here, but I think they communicate local information primarily on FB. One of them will likely post a message here letting you know how to find them.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Where did you get your bike? Dulles gets some good reviews although not unanimous. A Pal has had good luck there.

That first service needs some software downloads and updates and throttle body sync, TPS reset, etc. This is done online with the dealer's laptop after login to Triumph directly. A few have reported greatly improved ride-ability afterwards, so probably worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts