Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am a new rider from Southern California, Inland Empire area, specifically Upland. I just bought a 1977 TR7 Tiger (the single carb Bonnie) which I intend to more than likely customize a little. I am mechanically inclined, having owned and cared for a VW bug as my first car, I'd like to do the same for my Tiger. This is my first motorcycle, though I'm no youngster, but hey it's never too late to ride right?

Anyways, the best thing I could possibly get right now is a little direction into how to keep my old Triumph running in tip top shape. I bought it from a classic restorer who just didn't have the room for it, it is in no way perfect at the moment, but all in good time. However he said it runs great and doesn't need anything at the moment. I plan on getting the shop manual, but I'd really like to see links to common things to always be on the lookout on these classics. Thanks everyone.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Welcome to the site....I recommend you look around at the different forums and become familiar with them. I think Triumphs are great and the site supports that very basic premise. Each forum has a moderator who are there to answer questions and assess problems. If you need something lets us know.. again welcome Lee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts