Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Bought my 2012 Street Triple R this past Saturday. First bike. Loving the thing.

Anyhoo. On the way home from work today, an old dude started honking at me at a red light. Turns out he was pointing at something dragging under my bike. Pulled off into a parking lot. Turns out it was the evap canister. I pulled it off and stuck it in the backpack and rode home. Bike did fine. Do I need to replace the thing? I’m assuming not but don’t know if it will somehow screw with the fueling or Ecu or something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also just bought a 2012 street R! Just a day before you!

I’m not sure if riding without it is bad or not. I kNow they make a delete kit for emissions stuff, which my bike already had ;)

have fun good sir!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also just bought a 2012 street R! Just a day before you!

mom not sure if riding without it is bad or not. I k ow they make a delete kit for emissions stuff, which my bike already had ;)

have fun good sir!
That’s awesome man!!! I did a bit more research, ended up pulling the purge valve too, plugged the hose that returns to the intake and zip tied the two tank vent hoses out of the way at the bottom of the frame. Should be fine like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts