Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I typed in my VIN and this is what comes out:

There ARE outstanding service bulletins or recalls on your bike.
Please contact your nearest dealer WITHOUT DELAY to have your bike upgraded or modified at no cost to you.

Doesn't tell me what they are, so basically it tells me nothing. I bought a '06 Sprint ST a few months ago and the dealer checked out my bike's VIN "before" I purchased and said it's clean. No worries. The only thing I went ahead and pursued was adding the heat kit under the warranty. Is there other hidden problems with this bike that I don't know about? I even asked about the brake bolt issue which I've been reading about on this forum and my dealer said my bike was not affected. I guess I'll just keep riding till my bike falls apart under me. God, just let me live to ride another bike then.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Jess,

The VIN range for the caliper bracket anti-rotation bolt (pin) is:
258442 to 275223. Check your VIN.
The Triumph rework instructions are on line at NHTSA.com.
The new pin looks just like the old pin. Who knows? Get it done if your bike falls within the range. Mine did not.

They don't list rework instructions bot do list a letter of recognition from Triumph on the drag link.
The letter identifies 2006/2007 ABS and non ABS. 1913 bikes total.

These are the only recall notices for the '06 ST on NHTSA.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On 2006-12-14 20:26, sodapop wrote:
I typed in my VIN and this is what comes out:

There ARE outstanding service bulletins or recalls on your bike.
Please contact your nearest dealer WITHOUT DELAY to have your bike upgraded or modified at no cost to you.

Doesn't tell me what they are, so basically it tells me nothing. I bought a '06 Sprint ST a few months ago and the dealer checked out my bike's VIN "before" I purchased and said it's clean. No worries. The only thing I went ahead and pursued was adding the heat kit under the warranty. Is there other hidden problems with this bike that I don't know about? I even asked about the brake bolt issue which I've been reading about on this forum and my dealer said my bike was not affected. I guess I'll just keep riding till my bike falls apart under me. God, just let me live to ride another bike then.
Well, it tells you you have outstanding recalls, so it tells you something...

The fact that your bike was 'clean' a couple of months ago does not mean that it is clean now.

Have you checked out the suspension drag link bolt recall? There is even n a sticky for this.

I'm pretty sure this is what it is about. It looks that if you don't take care of that, there is a chance your bike WILL fall apart under you.

[ This message was edited by: NikosR on 2006-12-15 05:13 ]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jess, I agree this only tells half a story, we need to know what the problem is then we can assess how urgent the need to have the recall carried out is at the very least. We aren't just sitting around waiting to take our bikes back to the dealer. Besides when they write to us to tell us theres a problem they outline the urgency, why can't this be included on the web link, the information is obviously in their data base , seems simple to transfer it across. Talking of writing to us I'm still waiting for official notification of the drag link bolt recall, if it were not for this forum I would not yet know of this. The factory is only 90 miles down the road what is taking so long?

·
Registered
31 Posts
ffs it tells you you have a potential problem which is free to fix, if you do nothing about it and something happens, like the suspension bolt brakes and you end up in a wheel chair a talking head and nothing more don't blame triumph they told you and did nothing unlike them. if you sell the bike and have not had it done you will be liable if the next owner gets hurt. just stop wineing and get it done. ITS FREE. :brk: :brk:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Heat Kit that is covered under the warranty. What does that mean exactly, we have to buy the kit and the labour is covered or is the whole shot paid by Triumph?

[ This message was edited by: Flash on 2006-12-16 22:35 ]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wow...nice feature! Thanks for posting this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts