Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have upgraded the rearsets this eve to the Triumph Accessories set, part #A9770046. I LOVE them. FYI, the forward, lowest hole is stock position, so it is all up and/or back from there. Also, you don’t have to un-harness the quickshifter to screw it on.... just disassemble the new gear change lever from the rearset and you can spin it on the quickshifter from the back without needing to upset the wire or harness (the instruction has you de-install the quickshifter to spin it on = unecessary).

Caveats that I didn’t find when looking at these online: the pedals are adjusted the old fashioned way with rod lengths / master cyl adjustment. The spindle looking attachement at the pedals’ pivot point is actually NOT adjustable more than maybe one tooth from how it comes installed. The rear brake works all stock and the installation will reuse the stock springs (return and brake light) - if you need new ones order the oem ones from somewhere. The only other existing oem hardware used are the two bolts attaching the right side heel guard to the brake components, and the exhaust hanger bolt and rubber. All other hardware is new with the kit.

This rearset is really great. It is super smooth, has more positive input, fit and finish is amazing and they are totally worth the current pricing around ~500. They look like jewelry on this bike compared to the stock. The adjustability and factory design (super easy swap in and folding pedals) makes these an obvious choice if looking for rearsets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Very nice. I cheaped out and went with Daytona rearsets on mine. I think you will really appreciate the shape of the peg ends. After my first trackday with the rearsets - where I was paying particular attention to my foot positing - I notice a certain amount of pain in the middle of the balls of my feet. I quickly figured out it was because the stock pegs are somewhat pointy on the end, and were digging into my feet while cornering. I bought a set of Rizoma pegs, and my feet thanked me.

Pointy

Not pointy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I tried the Daytona setup too, and liked it well enough. I didn’t like the little pedal flipped up tip either. But, I do really like the complete, factory cleaness of these (not odd extra exhaust hanger spacer) so just went for it - just burning $$ but good pay off, lol. Also these come with a variety of lean angle indicators and I like knowing all the engineering and available adjustability was done by the factory maker. It is a small difference, I was fairly comfortable at stock (I am 6’1”), but back and up a bit is just enough to feel like it fits better.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
It's not as though you got soaked. Any comparable aftermarket set will cost somewhere in that neighborhood, if not more. And, they look really sharp, too. I'll stay with the Daytonas, because I bought a KTM RC390 for dedicated track duty last fall, and all my farkling money will be going into it for at least the next several months. Already put an Ohlins shock on it, and just ordered Andreani fork cartridges, upgraded rear axle blocks, and more swingarm friendly stand bobbins. After that I still have to get body work, upgrade the brakes with a radial MC and ABS plumbing delete, get a short throw throttle tube, and delete the keyed ignition. That's in addition to removing the lights/horn/the completely worthless mirrors, and anything else not necessary for the track.

It's going to be fun, fun, fun.

Reactions: Gzblack2 and PeteJE

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's not as though you got soaked. Any comparable aftermarket set will cost somewhere in that neighborhood, if not more. And, they look really sharp, too. I'll stay with the Daytonas, because I bought a KTM RC390 for dedicated track duty last fall, and all my farkling money will be going into it for at least the next several months. Already put an Ohlins shock on it, and just ordered Andreani fork cartridges, upgraded rear axle blocks, and more swingarm friendly stand bobbins. After that I still have to get body work, upgrade the brakes with a radial MC and ABS plumbing delete, get a short throw throttle tube, and delete the keyed ignition. That's in addition to removing the lights/horn/the completely worthless mirrors, and anything else not necessary for the track.

please please please make a thread when you get those adreani bouncysticks. I wanne see them compared to the stock ones!!0:)0:)0:)0:)0:)

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Well, it's sort of off forum topic, but I suppose I could make one in the Biker Hangout, or Build forums. Hell, I've been blathering about it in just about every thread already and haven't been banned yet, so it's a possibility. I'm having a guy do them for me, but will see if he will let me play helper. He is unsure about having the proper tools to separate the fork bottoms from the sliders and my have to farm that out. But I'll get something going. Here's a couple shots of what I've done so far.

Yep. That's installed exactly as directed. It seems a weird spot, but it works.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Looks like your build is going well. My RC390 is in the shop getting Bitubo cartridges and a K-Spec Rear (w/res). Buddy painted my Tyga race fairings up. Full exhaust and power commander are on. Tyga rear sets and CRG foldable levers are on. Can't afford to go after clip ons or triple clamp yet :-( .... Put on the G2 quick turn throttle and it seems to help a little. Have orange braided lines to put on and remove the ABS module....and a GPX GPS lap timer. Got to save my money for tires and track days now!

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Looks like your build is going well. My RC390 is in the shop getting Bitubo cartridges and a K-Spec Rear (w/res). Buddy painted my Tyga race fairings up. Full exhaust and power commander are on. Tyga rear sets and CRG foldable levers are on. Can't afford to go after clip ons or triple clamp yet :-( .... Put on the G2 quick turn throttle and it seems to help a little. Have orange braided lines to put on and remove the ABS module....and a GPX GPS lap timer. Got to save my money for tires and track days now!
Sounds like yours is going to be more thorough than mine. I'm trying to avoid the exhaust/power commander route, but dammit, I really want a quick shifter. ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds like yours is going to be more thorough than mine. I'm trying to avoid the exhaust/power commander route, but dammit, I really want a quick shifter. ;)
Will get up pics soon, just got the bike back from a St Louis suspension shop that works MotoAmerica teams. The Bitubo cartridges and Kspec shock look trick. Might be able to point you to some economical power resources? Got PC5 w/map ~$360, Mivv Ghibli ehxaust ~$350, K&N filter, and that high performance spark plug. Next is the Akra ECU flash at my first service and viola.. max power without engine work. Just waiting for the over heating issue but no biggy. The quick shifter I heard over stresses the already weak shift spring and deserves a replacement (and I'm not confident enough to tear open my engine covers looking for that mounting location).

Did get my sweet Shark Race Pro Zarco replica in the mail from BurnoutItaly though!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Nice. I really liked my Shark RS2R Foggy Legend. Not so fond of the Speed R, so I went back to Shoei (GT Air) for the street, and picked up an HJC RPHA 11 Pro from the Pitt Race round of MA for the track last year. I really like it. So light. Wearing it at the last track day of the year in my avatar

Reactions: RedWinter
1 - 10 of 10 Posts